Week 4 Rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. Bama - I'm not positive they are, but they get this week
    2. UGA - struggling with Kent State gets you dropped
    3. Tennessee - duh
    4. Kentucky - I'm still not convinced they are anything close to world beaters
    5. Ole Miss - would have jumped to 4 if they had not struggled today
    6. A&M - I don't know. I really don't. They could win out or lose out and neither would surprise me.
    7. Arkansas - oddest doink ever
    8. LSU - sure, why not
    9. Florida - AR is either really good or really bad.
    10. State - I've watched about 5 minutes of them this year so this is probably not fair
    11. Carolina - this isn't so much because they improved ad much as others have regressed
    12. Auburn - awful
    13. Vandy - welcome back to earth
    14. Mizzou - children should not watch this.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I love watching Mizzou wither away for some reason. Get out of this conference weirdos.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why we let Missouri in the SEC is a complete mystery and tragedy.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Does Tennessee go straight to #1 when they mollywhomp Bama in Neyland in a couple weeks?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The all important TV markets of St Louis and Kansas City.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The sec should require missouri play Kansas ooc any year where Kansas is over .500 and missouri isn't. If Kansas wins, they take their place.

justingroves likes this.
  8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

With OU and Arky losing, Tennessee should move up to at least #9 tomorrow. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they hopped over Kentucky.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

8-10 may be interchangeable

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Kentucky tears would be great

VolDad likes this.
  11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Anything outside the top 3 looks interchangeable to me.

If Clemson, Michigan, Southern Cal, and Tennessee walked into a 4-team playoff, I couldn’t pick a winner.

justingroves likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Tennessee would run Clemson and Michigan out of the stadium, Southern Cal and Tennessee would blow up the scoreboard

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We didn’t run Florida or Pitt out of the stadium. Are you saying Florida and Pitt are better than Clemson and Michigan? I have no idea what makes you think we’d “run them out of the stadium.”

Maybe we define “run them out of the stadium” differently.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After UGA, Alabama and Ohio State, it's a group of football teams with big flaws. I think Clemson is awful offensively and the only thing separating UF and Clemson is the schedule.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Clemson has major qb issues and our Wrs would run their dbs ragged

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's exactly what I'm thinking as well.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why didn’t we run Florida or Pitt out of the stadium? Unless you just mean “win” when you say that.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fant fumbled early and Heupel inexplicably let his foot off the gas against Florida while leading by two scores.

Pitt game was Hooker and Tillman's worst games as Vols.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Richardson also fumbled late, basically in the exact same spot. Agree about Heupel letting off the gas, though I seem more concerned about it than most.

I’m not sure how pointing out that they played poorly counters my point. We haven’t run either of the decent opponents we’ve played out of the stadium. Not even close. We aren’t doing it to Clemson or Michigan.

Also, I disagreed about the Tillman claim back when you said it the first time, and I still do. Hard to call 9 catches for 160 yds and a TD his worst game. He had 3 catches for 10 yards against Florida last year.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Our squad, HC, and program is still developing but the growth is real and happening at a much more rapid pace than anything the CFB world has seen since Saban created an NFL franchise at Alabama.