Week One SEC review

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Sep 1, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can't criticize a list unless you make your own. Rules are rules.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Meh, they were operating well within the parameters of the Les Miles Zone

3. kidbourbon

Exactly. So if their defense isn't just straight beastly, they lose 2-3 SEC games.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Les finds a way, man

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And then proceeded to make them look like a slightly above average FCS team as they ran the ball down their throats, stuffed their run completely, and essentially turned the entire field into a no fly zone while the Wisconsin offense was on the field.

6. kidbourbon

Were you gonna do a ranking?

Feel free to rank the team that was down 7-24 with a QB worse than '08 Crompton wherever you like.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Remember that time they almost lost (at home) to a team coached by [ddiapos] and quarterbacked by Matt Simms?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. UGA
    2. TAMU
    3. LSU
    4. Alabama
    5. Auburn
    6. USCjr. (Because this was the exception, not the rule)
    7. UF (because we still haven't beaten them in how long?)
    8. Tenn
    9. Ole miss
    10. Miss State
    11. Missouri
    12. Kentucky
    13. Arkansas
    14. Vanderbilt

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Done. And a quarterback worse than Crompton? If I remember correctly, it didn't matter who the quarterback was because the ball rarely got to the receivers in the first place without a DB getting his hands on it.

If LSU plays the rest of the season like they played the first half of that game, they'll be mid to low end of the pack in the SEC. If they play the rest of the season like they played the second half, they are going to be very hard for anyone to beat.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  10. kidbourbon

You don't remember correctly.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I do.

True or false: LSU completely dominated the line of scrimmage both on offense and defense in the second half.

True or false: LSU's offense moved the ball at will, both on the ground and through the air, in the second half.

True or false: After giving up roughly 160 yards on the ground in the first half and 74 rushing yards on the first drive of the second half, LSU held Wisconsin and its star RB to just 20 yards rushing for the remainder of the game.

But yeah, the Wisconsin QB is the only part that matters.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Your list sucks.

1. Tennessee
    2. Everyone else.

Gbo vfl butchgetsit ##########

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For some reason, Melvin Gordon didn't run the ball in the second half. I think he had 4 or 5 carries.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU is going to end up being ridiculous on defense as the season goes on. They had a lot of first time starters Saturday.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

- Dr Ian Malcolm

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

and Andersen is getting torched for that. He was asked why Gordon was on the bench so frequently for the final 1 1/2 quarters and Andersen's reply was "I don't know that." One thing's for certain, Corey Clement wasn't getting it done for the Badgers.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Schools 2-4 are pretty much interchangeable to me on your list. I put TAMU over Auburn because I think they're a little better on defense but both offenses are going to blow up scoreboards. Alabama is still Alabama. They didn't look great, but they have NFL talent everywhere.

I'm not high on Ole Miss at all. Moncreif left a hole on that offense and Bo Wallace is a mobile Justin Worley.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Badgers thought the game was over at halftime and they wanted to keep Gordon healthy

or

Gordon has some minor injuries no one knows about

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I believe this

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Yass