Week One SEC review

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Sep 1, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Indy can say yes to drugs if he wants. None of your damn business.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that Wisconsin's qb sucks and that LSU looked like garbage in the first half. not sure if they are still a top team in the SEC.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was being sarcastic.

Yeah!

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And they looked unstoppable in the second half. They completely manhandled a top 15 team. If they play that way for the rest of the season, how many teams in the SEC can beat them?

If this is the logic you and KB are using, how on earth does he rank Ole Miss ahead of LSU?

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

5. Keep up.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes. That is where we disagree.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The big 10 is an utter joke. And let me be clearer. I'm saying I don't know if they are still and top team in the sec. Not that they aren't. I wouldn't have said that a week ago.

He's sold on ole miss. personally I think they suck.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm madder than all dammit!

9. kidbourbon

We're not going to find out anything further on LSU till September 20.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

In my defense, I just sort of threw people in there after 7. They looked better than SC, so I should've at least ranked them higher than SC.

11. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I guess more realistically would be:

8. MSU
    9. Ole Miss
    10. Arkansas
    11. Zou
    12. Sakerlina
    13. Kentucky
    14. Vanderbilt

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm not saying UGA isn't the best team in the conference, they very we'll may be. However, Gurley is injury prone and Mason is no world beater. Not to mention Richt is gonna pull a Richt at some point and Clemson isn't what they were last year. Obviously the East is weaker this year, but I'm gonna lay off the UGA love for at least a few more weeks.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UGA isn't beating Alabama. Beating a massively overmatched Clemson team isn't everything. They have running talent and experience at OLine. QB still looks shaky and defense spotty. They aren't better than Auburn, IMO and they aren't better than LSU. Beating Clemson certainly wasn't any bigger feat than LSU coming back on Wiscy, which has a couple of proven ballplayers.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

AL just broke in a new QB and can run the ball better than UGA, but has better defense.
    LSU will run it as well before it's all over.
    Auburn runs the ball just as well and throws it better, even without Marvin Mitchell.

I just don't see the UGA thing. They get the benefit of playing in a really crappy SECe and that's the only advantage I'd give them. I saw all the hype about Gurley and he's a stud, but he runs from the I no better than Yeldon / Henry and returns it no better than Christion Jones.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UF has the best return unit in the country.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bama had 538 yards total offense, Sims was 24-33 for 250, and they averaged 5.9 a rush.

I really don't see what the uproar is about over their offense.

Their defense, however, did not look up to typical Saban standards.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That defense has looked rough early before only to see the new guys expand into their roles and become dominant. Let's not forget that WVU is made to score and score only and Holgerson is good at it.

They aren't running the idiot no option that lets every defender on earth simply run to our running back.

18. kidbourbon

I can see your argument. It's not bunk. It's just tough early in the season to be sure one way or another.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Exactly, AL, Aub, and LSU should beat UGA, and I may be too full of the orange-aid, but UT just might give them a tough game. Richt has some of his truly bizarre game day brain fades against us.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't think we'll beat UGA, but if it happens I won't be incredibly surprised either.