Week One SEC review

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Sep 1, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fully expect MSU to challenge Auburn and Alabama. Maybe beat Auburn.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Premature, after the perennial #2 team in the west beat a ranked, non-conference opponent, to say that they would, yet again, be the #2 team in the west? Right.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

How about this: how does it look now?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So far, Alabama and A&M look like the two teams to beat.

Auburn is shortly after them. I'm still not sold on them. They could easily end up in the top group, but they could also end up in the group below.

LSU, MSU and Ole Miss are next. All seem comparable thus far. I think LSU has the most room to improve and advance to a higher level, but I haven't watched a whole lot of MSU or Miss.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Auburn's offense will be just fine. They're better than everyone in the east by miles and tough to beat in their cow pasture.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Luckily, our opinions will be validated or invalidated in time. And I don't feel strongly enough to fuss about it anyway.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

MSU has a defensive line that matches up well with Auburn. I don't think they win, but they'll challenge them

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What differentiates MSU from Ole Miss is that MSU is balanced and has been reliable in most facets this year. Ole Miss sputters at times.

LSU may well turn out to be better than MSU by season's end, but MSU's destiny is in its hands. LSU's is not.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm still not sure auburn's good enough to be in that upper echelon with Bama and A&M. They were extremely lucky last year on multiple occasions. I agree that they're better than the east, but I'm not ready to admit they're in that top level of the west.

I just don't know very much about miss st. If I had to rank the last three, it'd go miss st, lsu, ole miss. I do agree wholeheartedly with your final statement though. With how tough the west is, I think lsu will still get a shot to get back in the race.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014