Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm hearing multiple bizzare stories coming out of Pratt Pavilion. The next week or two is going to be interesting around here.

2. WM

WM Active Member

It is officially BBQ season.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

4. Got heem

Got heem New Member

other boards mentioning golden leaving. uh roh

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol - can we just fire Martin now?

6. hatvol96

That's amazingly not even the strangest thing I've heard. Pretty sure most of it is nonsense. Wouldn't even give it the credence of a mention if I hadn't independently verified some of the peripheral talk I've heard. Hopefully, it's typical silly season foolishness. I would pay close attention to what happens in the next week or two.

7. Got heem

Got heem New Member

Not what Zo needs heading into the biggest season of his career.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Great.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh lawd.

10. hatvol96

So, in short order, we've had Makanjuola and Fancher leave with open questions regarding both situations, Landry being let go with conflicting stories on when and what he was told, and a guy who people would be surprised to know the identity of running with a Trae Golden is gone story. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

11. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Just curious, was there any "weirdness" surrounding the Missouri State program during Martin's tenure? I mean, I like the guy and hope he succeeds here, but the way some things have have gone down recently makes for some serious head-scratching.

12. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Can you tell whether or not that a potential new basketball recruit has been talked about? I've heard some stupid stuff, too, but have decided to dismiss it all.

13. hatvol96

Nothing out of the ordinary, but when you are only in a place for three years and bring in JUCO players there won't be much turnover. Also, not a lot of national scrutiny on Springfield, MO.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Would Martin really push out a three year starter at our most vulnerable position in a make or break year for a recruit? I don't know anything about the dynamics of the locker room, but I'm not sure that would play out well with the rest of the team.

15. MettaWorldPeace

That's exactly why I laughed it off.

16. MettaWorldPeace

To be clear, I've never heard of Cuonzo forcing Golden away from the program for another recruit. I've heard two stories that could combine into one.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If your athletic program is going to be a circus, might as well go all out with it

18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Fancher was forced out because Martin has a friend he wanted to replace Fancher with... There could be another member of the staff leave because of it as well.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Why would it make any sense for Golden to leave now?

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Most logical reason I could come up is complete falling out with coach(es).