Welcome, Austin Thomas!! We hope you enjoyed your visit!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 13, 2017.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It does sound to me that this got caught up in all the changes

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn' he make hundreds of thousands a year?

Maybe he didn't but I thought he made enough to where a year off wouldn't be a pinch.

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Only made $125,000 at LSU

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won't be for long

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Alright, I've almost talked myself into not caring so much that we missed out on this guy. Let's not have any more positive posts about his abilities.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

He was asking for an asinine level of control within the college football construct. He wants to be a true GM then get in an NFL front office. How absurd is it that a college football coach is going to give someone else control of the players he recruits, staff hires, etc. That's stupid as hell.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, well that sucks then.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Who else is saying this beside that one source?

Hubbs said he wasn't asking for that much control.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Feldman:

Weird

10SEvols likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's one of the oddest demands ever

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have read of the virtues of hybrid turf, but those virtues would be limited in the favorable climate of knoxville.

The center slope thing I haven't heard of before. Seems like if it really made a difference, then the regs should account for the slope and remove it.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wouldn't we have to play defense on that ridge too? Or do they push a button and make it flat again? lol. dumb stuff.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not so sure there are a bunch of other programs out there willing to give him the amount of control it's rumored he requires.

One would think if there were anywhere he'd be willing to budge, it would be here.

It will be interesting to see if he takes another job with lay less control than what we are hearing he demands from UT.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's actually pretty smart. Our defense has already reached terminal suckiness. Can't possibly get any worse.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Well sounds like we dodged a bullet. What a weirdo.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

So basically they wanted Neyland to be like gatlinburg pittman with that big ass crown on to the field.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How about hiring a groundskeeper who knows how to grown grass. The field is awful.

Daddy Gee, IP and hohenfelsvol like this.
  18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I actually indirectly know the guy who keeps the field or was keeping it. He made it no secret that he hated Butch and the constant practices on Neyland. He also does Lindsey Nelson which is in pretty good shape from what I’ve heard

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"4th quarter, ga with one last drive with a raucous UT crowd, heading now into wind and rain out of nowhere, and it appears they now have an uphill 75 yards to go"

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Where did Feldman say this?