We're Back

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 31, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean Eric Gray could not have been more of an ideal fit for JH's system. Crying ass shame he left once JH was hired. Although I can't totally fault him for departing considering his name was very hot on the block with how he suddenly found himself under the microscope being one the players connected with the improper benefit scandal under Pruitt. I imagine the scrutiny he suddenly found himself in and the reasonable assumption that any type of benefit he was indeed getting under the table was likely drying up/going away made his choice to transfer elsewhere seem like an obvious move to make from his POV.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Always like Montario Hardesty as a RB but can't remember how good of a pass catcher he was and Jason Witten.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Montario Hardesty probably wasn't the most physically gifted RB I've ever seen wear the orange since I've been closely following the Vols. But damn, he was/might easily be the one RB who ran the hardest and gave the most sheer effort that I can recall since being 7/8 years old when I became fully aware and emotionally invested in all things Tennessee football. I [uck fay]ing loved him.

And this was before my personal fan viewing time, but my father swears to this day that James "Little Man" Stewart was the one RB he recalls the best when it comes to remembering someone solely for their pure effort and determination given.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Stewart was a really good back on some teams that had really good backs. He shared a backfield with Garner and Hayden. He and Hayden were there the same years and Garner was there for two of them. All three were really good. Their numbers don't pop out at you so much because they were there at the same time.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Hardesty or Webb at RB
    Kamara for certain at RB/Slot/DB/DL/TE (point is anywhere and all day)
    The Dude with a Tude (Who else, Carl Pickens) at WR
    CP … there is nothing left to say other than he would have set records - WR
    I would not pick anyone over Hooker at QB… but I would love to see T-Rob and Shuler try.
    And why not try Whitten?

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're forgetting Mose Phillips in that quartet.

Hayden may be the most overlooked back who ever played here. He was a stallion.

warhammer likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

and then you look at team stats for that offense and you are just blown away.

warhammer likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Those teams were so stacked from 89 going forward.

justingroves likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh my

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm intrigued.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll be the guy. I see all their stuff and think eh. It’s ok

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They are selling same for Florida, Arkansas and likely others. Kinda takes the shine away a little. We need the OG UT puffy jacket back.

IP likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Nice, but don’t know if it’s worth the $160.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's awesome, but the only way I'm paying $160 for it is if Scarlett Johansson shows up at my front door wearing only that jacket.

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and VolDad like this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ll be that guy too.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That jacket belongs in the pile of books we are burning.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thank God

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

You’re required to grow a sweet stache and mullet combo before you can wear that. Winston 100 optional. I’m not mad.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine what it would be like to knock off an undefeated 2 time champion Georgia in Neyland in 220 days. And block them from Atlanta.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.