We're In Deep Doo-doo

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 18, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10 people fired

God knows how many level 1's

We are in some major trouble.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least I got to enjoy a 3-7 season out of it, losing by 19.7 points per loss!

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd like to see our 'wins per Level 1 violation' before jumping to any conclusions.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

How much more damage could the ‘AA really want to inflict on our program that we haven’t inflicted already?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"NCAA comes down and says that UT *HAS* to play in a bowl game next year. News at 11."

6. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

I actually think Tennessee will be okay in regards to the ncaa. Ole Miss was charged with 15 level 1 violations and received a two-year bowl ban. The NCAA accepted their self imposed scholarship reductions. The NCAA went after the coaches involved more than the program.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Can we start admitting Pruitt sucked yet?

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think everyone needs to take a breath about the violations. The NCAA may not pop us that bad for getting ahead of this. Hell, just look at Ole Miss. They only had a 2 year bowl ban and a few scholarships lost.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Someone posted we are self imposing 1 year.

F that, let the NCAA make its decision. We fired everyone. Let them make the decision to come after us rather than the coaches.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is different from the OM thing. My expectation is that the ‘AA will throw the book at UT, as close as they can get to a death penalty without actually shuttering the program. If UT were a winning program like Clemson, Bama, Georgia (who will almost certainly skate by all of this) or Ohio State then they’d stand a better chance. The ‘AA isn’t going to kill a cash cow but UT isn’t that. They aren’t losing much of anything by making an example of Tennessee.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If we had cheated and benefited, I could see them coming hard. By cheating and being crappy, I think it won’t be that harsh. SEC doesn’t benefit by Tennessee continuing to really suck and miss bowl games.

To me, cleaning house, including Fulmer, is the first step in the process.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are doing the right thing by giving the NCAA some skulls and letting them know we [uck fay]ed up but we are going to make it right. Take a look at USC, the football program decided to fight and did nothing to show the NCAA that they actually thought they did something wrong (when it was clear they had) and they got hammered. On the other hand the USC basketball program admitted to wrong doing and penalized themselves to show that they were taking it seriously. They ended up with a much less severe punishment.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was a while back. They are doing things differently now. I hope they just go after coaches, but holy moly the sheer number if people involved is what concerns me.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Getting rid of every single one of them plus the person that is in charge shows the NCAA we are doing what we should to keep our program clean so hopefully they take it light on us and the student athletes.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see severe NCAA penalties from this. A few lost scholarships and a bowl ban

TDVol1989 likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. We didn't go to a bowl this year and word is it wasn't because of Covid like they said.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are hammering coaches and leaving schools alone, for the most part. They don't want power 5 schools to tell them to [uck fay] off

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a convenient excuse

SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Listened to Garza on TB. He is right. Should have paid JP 1/2 his buyout and fired him 2 mo ago. Then no one gets blown up. Now Pruitt going nuclear with nothing to lose. Damn we’re stupid

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Who says we didn’t try to do that?