What’s Worse?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 28, 2019.

?

What’s worse?

1. Reviewing a play with 2.5 seconds left to allow a team with no timeouts left to draw up a final play

21.1%
  2. Calling a VERY questionable foul with 1.7 seconds left to give a team a chance to win the game?

78.9%
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ll hang up and listen.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Time to focus on football.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I went with reviewing the play because it's a simple fix. If there is a review, the players on the court go to the opposite free throw line from their bench until the review is over. If a coach wants to talk to his team, call a timeout. If you don't have one, tough shit. Enjoy watching your team huddled up at the other end of the court.

NorrisAlan and mmmjtx like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They had a shit playcall anyway. Almost 5 seconds. Bullshit corner pass and edwards heels hovering over the line. Somehow his right leg kicks 2 feet in front of him and Turner hits hit.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can someone explain to me why there is so much contact allowed inside the three point line on shots, but they call a foul when a three point shooter is brushed during or after their release. Are the two situations different in the rule book or should a shooting foul be called the same at the rim as it is 25' out? Always wondered how the actual rule is written.

7. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

[uck fay] those refs and [uck fay] that entire situation. The call in no way justifies the first half play or terrible free throw shooting, but they were given a referee [ock cay] straight up the ass on that three shot foul

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Being a Vol Sports fan is worse than whatever the other option(s) are.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we were right there at winning time.
    we got screwed.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just for everyone’s reference, not a foul on last second shot:

11. lol vol

lol vol Member

The review was acceptable, but unnecessary. The foul was one of the worst calls I’ve seen in a long time.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah? Imagine what would have happened if they hadn’t been given time to draw one up.

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What were they reviewing? The out of bounds call the ref was literally standing there staring at, or the clock that was exactly right?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, let’s not forget the clock at the end of regulation. It started before Grant touched the ball and then ran an additional .7 seconds off.

Should have been our ball with at least .8 seconds, and, really, 1.1 left. Did you hear the explanation the ref gave? Something about not being able to hear? Are you [uck fay]ing kidding me?

Obviously not the difference in the game, but when you look at the list of the refs taking over at the end, it just gets worse and worse.

lol vol likes this.
  15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Lamonte's only other option there is not to contest the shot because of the leg kick. If he does that and it goes in, he is getting roasted for eternity for not closing out.

Ssmiff, utvol0427 and lylsmorr like this.
  16. lol vol

lol vol Member

I don’t know, probably the clock. I thought the review of the timeout from Grant Williams after the Edwards free throw was BS as well, considering he called it with .6 seconds left. I doubt Tennessee could have done anything anyways, but if timeouts only count when an official acknowledges the T, why review? They already know when they acknowledged it.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. Seems like Hopson failed to get out on a shooter with a minute or two to go in the game against Michigan State that put them up for good and likely cost us a shot at a Final Four.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'll say it in this thread too. there was a lot of shit we didn't do. fine. i agree 100%. but at nut cutting time we were there, and we got screwed. it's the truth

lol vol, Dalekanium and utvol0427 like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup. This team deserves better.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ll even go as far as to say that I probably don’t lose my mind on that foul call at any other point in the game. I wouldn’t like it, but wouldn’t lose my mind. But not with 1.7 seconds left.

lol vol likes this.