What are we waiting for? (Dave Hart)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 5, 2015.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm just curious as to how Dave Hart is still here? If the consensus is that he won't be able to make another hire himself, why hasn't he been fired? Is there a reason to hold on to him?

I'm anxious to see some heads roll. Need to believe some people in power care.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes the answer to a prayer is "no."

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

As Card said in a previous thread...patience. I was surprised someone brought up the issue today in the presser. Big props to Seth Stokes for having the nads. Since then it has spread quickly. Let the process play out.

4. robvols

robvols Member

Truthfully,

he's here overlooking the further destruction of the athletic program with the ultimate problem: Booger Cheek. Cheek needs to go first since he made that hire. Then the dominoes will fall starting from the top of the department, all the way to the bottom

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And sometimes the answer is "wait"

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We have an off week next week people. Calm down.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Guaranteed to have a great first half of the off week. And then my dog will die in the second half.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly what I was fishing for.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or your wife will cheat on you with the dog, which then dies. That seems to be the level of fail we are contending with.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

How bad is Georgia going to screw everything up if they manage to Richt this game?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

While I will be happy we won in the short term (I'm tired of losing to Georgia), reality will set in Monday or Tuesday that he likely bought himself another year if he doesn't find a landing spot on his own.

12. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

This what I am afraid of. We luck out in a big game or finish 7-5 giving ol Dave the ammo he needs to spin another extension for Lameduck Lyle.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That would be bad. I am hopeful they don't lay an egg 2 weeks in a row. Their QB pay is atrocious enough to lose. I suspect a healthy dose of Chubb.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I HAVE to believe that Dave Hart is walking the green mile right now.

That's the only hope I have in UT football now.

ROLL ON TWO!

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Richt is 9-3 since 2011 coming off loss. 2 of those were bowl games.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Had Georgia won, I would be worried.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'd like to see the recent Miami Dolphins approach to this situation...but extend it to the top.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Georgia is Butch's last gasp. I think he knows it. Unfortunately, I believe that Richt is now post-2004 Fulmer, so anything could happen. I probably won't watch, but I want Georgia to win.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Put an interim coach in there to finish out the season.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

que sera sera. Trust in the process' stupidity.