What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm picking up Ghost of Tsushima and Tony Hawk tomorrow. Ain't doing shit this weekend.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m definitely getting Tony Hawk, but let me know what you think of GoT. Been considering it for a while now.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Me: Remastered games are a lazy ripoff.

Also Me: THPS 1&2 are pre-downloaded and ready to fire up in an hour or so.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hope this is really good.

I enjoy Golf Club 2019, but it definitely needed some polish. I'll probably wait til it's discounted a bit to grab it.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Played for about 3 hours last night. They did it right. The soundtrack alone was giving me flashbacks.

I really hope they do the same for 3 and 4. And Underground/Wasteland

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The past few weeks, I've mostly used my Xbox as a DVD player.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Agreed. Looks great, sounds great, and it has that balance of being just difficult enough to be satisfying.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Very pleased to hear the positive reviews. I’m out of town at the moment but can’t wait to get it.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Picked up The Last of US (remastered) so that I could play it before getting the new version over Black Friday. I’ve heard it’s one of the best games of 2020. Also getting Tony Hawk today. Can’t wait.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Definitely knocked out all the challenges and got gold in the 3 competitions with Bob Burnquist already. Guess I’m moving on to the 2nd game lol

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

GoT is a solid game, reminds me a whole lot of Horizon Zero Dawn, kinda curious if people that worked on Zero Dawn worked on GoT.

The camera angles can be a little screwy sometimes when fighting several people at once, but it isn't too bad. World looks awesome and the story is good so far, but seems like it is going to be on the shorter side.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I started going through the individual skater challenges this wknd. That shit's hard. One is getting a combo greater than the Sick score on every level.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Got a chance to play the COD Cold War Alpha, I like it so far. I swore I was done with COD but this release may have just pulled me back in.

[​IMG]

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haha [uck fay] that noise. Nothing worse than hitting a massive, multi-trick combo and then failing to stick the landing.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Never thought I'd say this, but I've been playing Fortnite a ton lately. My 8 year old plays it on his Switch all the time and had been asking me to play. Finally downloaded it and we've been having a lot of fun playing Duos together. Neither of us can build worth a shit, but we've still managed to win a handful of matches.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

A family that slays together, stays together.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Something about my son saying "Dad, I've got a sniper rifle, I'm gonna shoot him in the head" seems wrong, though.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've always enjoyed fortnite. Loved it before the crazy fast/high building became the norm. I could never really get the fast editing down, so the game passed me by.

Back when balloons were a thing, we used to save them til close to the end, and then, with 10 or so people left, we'd float straight up in the air and play it out that way til the end. A lot of times, we'd either get the snipe from above, or we'd eventually float down right on top of someone, and they'd never see it coming. Lots of good times playing that game.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Broke out NCAA football over the weekend. Put it away. I don't need that in my life.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm listening to TLOU2 soundtrack and pretty sure I'm gonna have to play through again