What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've enjoyed the game thus far, though it does get a bit monotonous at times.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, I'll be surprised if the game actually releases in 2020.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don't say that. We don't need more 2020 bad news.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hadn't heard about it until a few days ago, when I saw a joke that was like, "Cyberpunk trailer dropped just in time to give its target audience enough time to turn 18." Because apparently the game has been in development for 8 years.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

4. Announced in 2012, but started actual development in 2016 after they finished Witcher 3.

Pretty damn cool:
    “CD Projekt Red invented a technology based on sound analysis from neural networks, producing real-time lip sync for all localisations.”

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I never played Demon's Souls on PS3, but man I am loving it on PS5.

Hard as [uck fay] though

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think I'm going to pick it up today.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Subtle "Yeah, I already bought the new system" post.

emainvol likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Amazon just makes it too easy to shop with them.

I had previously pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 from Gamestop for $54.99 because I had my monthly $5 off for being a pro member that I wanted to use. The game wasn't going to ship to me until like, December 14th, which meant I wasn't going to get to play it much before being out of town 12/17 - 12/30. Oh well.

Went on Amazon today to buy something and saw Cyberpunk on sale for $49.99 with release day shipping. So not only do I save an additional 5 bucks on the game, but now I also get it on release day, giving me a full weekend with it before I leave, which will almost certainly convince me that packing the Xbox for the trip is worthwhile. Win-win-win. Thanks Jeff!

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Within the last year, I've received a full credit for a year Prime membership and a full refund ($550ish) on a rowing machine that arrived with a faulty display monitor. I order everything I can from Amazon.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Their customer service is on point. Any time I've had a problem I've ended up with promo credit, even if it was small.

First time I used Prime Now they left out a 20 dollar item on a 100 dollar order. They apologized profusely and gave me the whole order for free

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has anyone purchased and played Cold War? I'm more of an "only buy CoD once every few years" guy, but all my friends bought it, so it's tempting me.

Got Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us Part II over the weekend. Looking forward to starting 1 or both tonight.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yes and yes. Played the alpha and beta on PS4 but bought the game for PC. Personally I like it but the game is going to need some tweaking which I look forward to in future updates.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ghost of Tsushima is a lot of fun initially, but it has gotten old sort of quickly. The gameplay feels like Assassin’s Creed in Japan, which means it’s repetitive. The main story is interesting, but the side stories are so damn boring and drawn out. And they take so long to complete that they space the main story our way too much.

I think my favorite part of the game are the one on one duels with nothing but katanas, but those are few and far between despite plenty of opportunities.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I bought Star Wars Squadrons for like $20. Probably worth $20. Different kind of game than I usually play.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bought RDR2 last night. Hopefully it’ll be downloaded before I get a PS5

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Happy Cyberpunk Day!