What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like it is a train wreck and sounds like it is amazing, depending on the review/person.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

keep in mind that some people cannot be pleased or satisfied. they feel entitled to an alternate reality in which they can not be miserable, but they themselves are miserable so that isn't possible.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn, no need for a personal attack.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A lot of the bugs and stuff will get worked out over time, right?

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Laughs in Bethesda. CDPR is usually pretty good though.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"We have this wonderful DLC coming out..."

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just feels like you're asking for trouble if you're the type of person putting 50+ hours into a game within the first week of release.

IP likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, the expectations of what a video game can provide you emotionally is probably out of whack, if those are one's expectations. and I love games. to me, they are the modern equivalent of an interactive novel. imagine binging a book and then [itch bay]ing about it like someone forced you to read it cover to cover in a day.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Cyberpunk looks and plays great on my PC, although I really wish I could upgrade my video card right now.

Can't speak for consoles, but I've seen some less than stellar video from the previous gen consoles (I don't think that PS4 Pro and XBox One X players are seeing the same things but could be wrong).

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with your interactive novel comment. Wish I could find a way to convince the girlfriend of that (bring on the "You don't really have a girlfriend, Indy" hate!), as I feel she would be a bit more accepting of me utilizing a significant amount of "alone" time if it was being devoted towards reading books rather than playing a video game.

I just can't imagine rating a game poorly because of bugs on or before the release date. If we get a month or two in and all of this stuff is still happening, then sure, it's a component of the game that has to be included in any review.

That said, I'm a pretty tough person to please when it comes to video games. Not impossible (I loved God of War, Detroit, The Witcher 3, and a number of other, mostly story driven games), but tough to please. There's probably a pretty good chance that I'm going to hate it lol

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...unk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/?sh=2dc11803597b

This article suggests that Xbox One X players are the only previous gen players who shouldn't see much of an issue. Everyone else, including PS4 Pro, and even Xbox Series S players, seem to have the potential for significant performance issues.

I should be able to get some time in this evening on the Xbox One X. Looking forward to it.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I don't have experience with this game specifically, but this is a strange take. Imagine an author hyping a book for months or years, only upon release, there are multiple typos in every paragraph, 3 or 4 pages are stuck together at a time, or they're just missing completely from the book-- that's the release for most games these days, honestly.

Having to rely on a patch weeks or months after launch when paying $60+ for a product is just a sign of a bad, initial product.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

This game should’ve never been released on last gen consoles. I’m loling looking at footage from original ps4s and Xbox ones.

My PC can probably run it decently - but I got it on ps5. Might’ve been a mistake. I figured it would blow my PC performance out of the water and at a higher resolution.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

hear me out: books don't have tons of typos because a publisher would be ruined if the products were so bad. like selling a game that no one could run without it crashing.

glitches and graphical clips are more akin to occasional bad grammar or plot weaknesses.

and again: how many games which hyped actually are said to live up to the hype? I think GTA 5 did, though I never have played it. but I can't think of many.

the hype is the problem. Ask George RR Martin. people don't like a dance with dragons, and people will surely not like winds of winter either. because everybody is different, hype builds personal expectations and it isn't possible to meet the variety of expectations from all those getting hyped.

hype is based on desire over a long period of time. Desire itself can be the thief of contentment. folks need to chill, to be able to enjoy things.

this is my take, and I realize it sounds Buddhist as [uck fay] but that isn't intentional. maybe it isn't quite as I think it is, but it is undeniable that complaining about the most anticipated releases has become an annual pastime and a cottage industry for YouTube.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sometimes I think criticism of a thing takes on a life of its own too. Like it becomes a badge of honor or online credibility or something

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what card do you have currently?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, it seems so. a sort of virtue. like it makes one a connoisseur of interactive narrative software to say the latest call of duty is ass and anyone who likes it is a simpleton.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

now this is a valid observation. if you think about the range of system specs this running on, no wonder some at the bottom think it is dog rough. if you are playing on a ps4 or xbox1... that's just not going to remotely compare to what the visuals are for modern systems. nature of the beast.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Serious world immersion when they also have virtual suicides.