What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I laughed at this. Does that make me a bad person?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I did too, so yes.

InVolNerable and Indy like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My understanding is that it's made primarily for last gen consoles. I thought I saw somewhere that an upgraded version will be released for next gen sometime in 2021 (free upgrade for anyone who buys the current version now).

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I just placed an order to pick this up on my way home. Hopefully, being on PS5, I won't have too many issues. If it sucks, I'll put it on the shelf and work through some other games until they get everything patched.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I'm still working through Ghost of Tsushima, and I've got Last of Us Part II ready to go as well. I've got plenty to keep me busy, so I plan to pace myself with Cyberpunk.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I think we're talking past each other. I find the complaints about servers not functioning in release, or always being overloaded, or having to omit certain playlists or features due to gamebreaking bugs as the issues.

The "calling everyone a simpleton" for liking the game is obviously stupid, but it's an established trend the games are rushed to meet deadlines-- which causes awful initial experiences.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

wait, how do we know that was a suicide? could have been an accident or murder

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, it sounds like we are talking about different aspects. i agree that overloaded servers and such are real problems worthy of complaint

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got through the prologue last night. The game seems interesting. I only had one rendering issue - with a car during a cutscene, if I remember correctly, so I'm pretty pleased with that. I went with the Corpo life story

The graphics don't really feel outta this world to me. The people kind of look like porcelain.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yesterday I was playing RDR2 and riding my horse around, and came upon a dude who was cleaning/working on his horse’s rear shoe. I thought I would help this gentleman out or something and his horse spooked, kicked the shit out of the guy, killing him, and ran away.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

RDR2 has some pretty solid random encounters. IIRC, sometimes those horses that kick/kill their owner and run off are pretty solid horses.

I recommend going way up north into the mountains as soon as you can to get the White Arabian.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

On PC it looks amazing. I bet on the next gen consoles you will see a big improvement.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I keep seeing this as R2D2 and wondering how the hell R2-D2 rode a horse.

warhammer and InVolNerable like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He can do anything else, why not

fl0at_ likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Interesting. I was also in a dark, "club-like" scene and looking pretty closely at details. It doesn't look bad. Just didn't blow me away.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I couldn't get the game to download on my PS5. Tried 3 different times last night and got error messages at different points each time. Had plenty of space and I've downloaded other games with zero issue. Tried to DL the next gen version of Madden after this last night and it did it with no problem.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6/10 rating.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Experiencing anything like this? Apparently, cops instantly spawn wherever you commit a crime.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol awesome.

Other than that car not rendering immediately, the only thing I've had is a random T Pose guy in the club. It gave me a good laugh.

I'm not very far into the game at all though. Looking forward to diving in this weekend.