What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Say wha?

Edit: NVM. Thought I was in another thread.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

just change one letter and you get BP, which is Bo Pelini's initials

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In the end, I think the Witcher will stay higher on my list than Cyberpunk, largely due to the story.

Cyberpunk’s story is problematic. The story itself is fine, but it’s supposed to create a sense of urgency, which doesn’t make a ton of sense with how big of a focus the game places on side quests. The side quests are fun, but you can’t help but feel weird about doing them instead of the main quests, because of the story.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, the new GTA V Online update is a [uck fay]ing blast. You can drive a submarine around with 2 friends, remaining under water for extended periods of time, only surfacing long enough for your two friends to launch guided missiles and chase other people around the map. It’s excellent.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

The side quests from Witcher have better stories than a lot of games

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree, but I think the main part of my point is that the main story (finding Ciri) doesn't really demand such urgency that you feel like you're hurting your chances of finding her by going out and doing side quests. In the end, you don't know where she is, so any side mission could lead you towards clues that might help you find her.

Small Spoiler (maybe?):

In Cyberpunk, your character is supposed to be slowly dying, so the idea that he would be going out and doing a bunch of side quests doesn't make a ton of sense, even if those side quests have great stories and are a lot of fun.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same problem I had with Skyrim and Oblivion. The main quest feels so urgent, it is hard to justify doing anything else.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I get it but I wasn’t ever bothered by it. It’s a game

If it was that urgent I shouldn’t have to go talk to this guy in Riften and then go kill the cook in Markarth and then go back up to Winterhold

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wasn't your kid kidnapped in Fallout 4, oh look bottlecaps!

IP likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I played Oblivion and enjoyed it a lot, but it was a while ago and I don't remember a ton about it. I believe it was the first of that type of game I had played, so the newness of it was a big factor in my enjoyment.

I loved the scenery of Skyrim and really enjoyed the game initially, but I don't think I finished it. Got bored with the story, if I remember correctly.

I agree that it's similar, but you're also in a post-apocalyptic world where just surviving can feel difficult. It almost makes sense that you would need to build up, prepare, and take your time with that situation because 1. you don't even know if your son is still alive and 2. if you don't prepare, dying feels a lot easier in the wasteland.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The new GTA V update has revived the game for me and a group of friends. I've gone 2 straight days without playing Cyberpunk.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone played Madden or FIFA 21? Are they as shitty as the internet suggests?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t think FIFA is ever as shitty as the internet suggests.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've actually been enjoying the PS5 version of Madden. The gameplay feels better to me, but I've not played online at all, just been doing a Franchise by myself.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think this sums up the CP2077 [itch bay]ing. Some of the ones I've seen complaining the loudest are now [itch bay]ing because once they received a refund the game "that sucked and was terrible" they don't get to keep playing said terrible game... People always want handouts.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think that's what I'd want to do as well. Got the urge to run a franchise, either based around Lamar and the Ravens or Henry and the Titans. But if I'm not planning to play online, I wonder if I'd be better off just getting last year's game. I've read that this year's version of Madden is legit bad.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As a guy who put in thousands of games across Ultimate Team, Duo Seasons, and Pro Clubs, I can say without a doubt that FIFA 20 was legitimately one of the worse video games I've ever played. I swore off ever buying another FIFA because of it. I think over the course of about 2,000 games, I had like, 5 total header goals. Just a complete joke of a game.

But now I see my pro clubs group playing on 21, and I kind of want to play lol.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

wtf, that's pathetic.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I haven’t had that issue with FIFA20. All I play is manager mode.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I got it at release, played for a couple of weeks, and put it on the shelf because the gameplay was so bad. Once the PS5 version released, I downloaded it and the gameplay, to me, seems a lot better. Two of my biggest issues is usually the terrible AI blocking and getting sucked into animations. Both of those seem to be fixed on the next gen version. I haven't gotten far enough into a franchise to figure out if there are any major issues with contracts, drafts, progression, etc.