What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have a desire to play video game football, but I hate spending money on garbage products.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As shitty as the FIFA video game franchise is, pro clubs is some of the most fun you can have online gaming with a group of friends.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bought Rollercoaster Tycoon for $2.09. I got my money's worth in like, the first hour and a half. Such a fun game.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Madden is just okay. Some of the blocking is just stupid. Guys will just run past a defender inexplicably without picking him up.

I think the most irritating piece has been Lamar Jackson's running ability. He's the cover star and thematic focus of the game. He's electric in real life and averages roughly 10 rushes a game. Think I saw that he's the first QB in NFL history with back to back 1,000 yard rushing seasons. You'd think he'd be pretty dominant running the ball. But if you run with him one time, he's bordering "red" for the next play, meaning he can't run again and probably won't throw consistently. Run with him twice in a drive, and his little icon will fade for the rest of the drive. He will likely be orange/red for the next drive, as well, regardless of how long the opposing team's drive last.

I literally bought the game to set up a power run franchise with Lamar and Derrick Henry. For some reason, Henry can pound the ball up the middle into heavy traffic 4 or 5 times in the same drive before starting to get tired, but run it once with Lamar, and who knows what you'll get from him for the rest of the drive. Annoying.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

FIFA has always been a scripted game, but 21 feels different. I’m 10-0 in seasons, and I’ve gone down early in 7 of the 10 games. I just finished a game where I went down 2-0 and ended up winning 7-2.

Instead of letting inferior players hang around in games, it feels like the game is handicapping early to let them take a lead. Kind of a joke.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Never knew about these guys, but these are good little videos.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I started playing Hollow Knight last weekend. Amazing game.

emainvol likes this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm about 20 hours into this game. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long, long time.

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I put the consoles away a few weeks prior to the move, so I decided to pick Pokemon Go back up. It has been surprisingly fun, and living in the middle of a city has made it significantly more enjoyable.

It also has me wanting to take a nostalgic walk down memory lane to play some of the older games. But holy cow, there are a ton of options and information out there, and it's not really as easy to get your hands on this shit as I anticipated it would be.

But beyond the annoyance of not being able to easily get/do what I want with these games, I'm just sort of amazed that this game series is still going as strongly as it is. It's impressive.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Started playing Immortals Fenyx Rising last week. It's a BOTW knock-off centered around Greek Mythology. Its a solid game so far at about 15 hours in.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t really know what to play right now. I think I’m gonna give Days Gone a go, but heard it’s glitchy as [uck fay]

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just finished up a second run at Witcher 3

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

That’s it. That’s the tweet.

IP likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was it fun? Better the second time through? Was your second play through substantially different than your first? You a Yen guy or a Triss guy?

Just figured you’d share a bit more.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I liked it a lot. First time I went Yen because I feel like that’s the canon way to go. Second time Triss because Yen is a total [itch bay] and Geralt deserves better. It wasn’t substantially different otherwise. I found a few other quests I failed the first time due to timing or whatever. The Blood and Wine DLC is also top-notch.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Been having too much fun with Valheim and Phasmophobia

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Days Gone is very repetitive but it’s pretty fun. It’s certainly not the best PlayStation exclusive but well worth downloading if you get a PS5 and get access to the PS Plus collection (or if it’s on sale)

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My quest to "catch 'em all" in pokemon blue version has begun. This was one of the first games I can remember being truly obsessed with as a kid. The nostalgia factor is real.