What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Picking up 7 days to die. Kind of fun after playing GTA V.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We still play Rocket League quite a bit. It's a great game.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Trying to decide if Returnal is worth it. Looks awesome and the reviews are great, but I’m not sure I need another super difficult game in my life

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Picked this up a few days ago. I'm having a blast so far. My only complaint is there is no way to suspemd/save a run. With a newborn at home, it isn't always easy to sit down and dedicate one or two hours straight to play.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I’m gonna wait for a sale and a save function. ME Legendary Edition next week anyway, so I’ll be playing that for a while

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Doing the epilogue of RDR2 and I’m not sure what Ab thinks he’s supposed to do differently

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah ME:LE looks great so far. The humans are a little Bethesda-y looking (some review I read nailed that description) but it just feels better

And the first time you see The Citadel, that still hits

Now to scan some keepers for this dickhead alien

IP likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

Maybe they de-glitched the damn invisible one

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is interesting to me is that the color palette is noticeably different in the first one. It used to be more blue and muted, now it is vibrant so that any and all reds and greens pop. Does it matter? Not really. But it does give a different mood off.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ll be damned, the Mako doesn’t make me want to pull my hair out anymore

That hit box on the Thresher Maw poison is still goofy though

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lateral boost once it has fired. The thresher maw combat is way harder than it was, because they tweaked the controls. I liked it better the original way.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Wish they’d added % complete on the systems and clusters and whatnot like 2 & 3 did

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are many subtle fixes they put in. Example: the pirate that led the Skyllian blitz appeared as human in the original, but now is a Turian. That makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Also, the inventory issue is about 90% better. That was the worst thing about the game before.

The combat is generally better, though still not as tight as 2 and 3.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I played ME at least 2-3 times all the way through, and I don't remember half the shit you all are talking about. Idk how you guys remember this stuff.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember a lot of unimportant things, but struggle with people's names. Go figure.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've discovered if I never talk to people I don't have to remember names.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just take my ques from Bob Kelso on Scrubs, and call all the men "Sport" and all the women "Sweetheart".

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Names are impossible. I also seem to only meet people in groups of like 12

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

you know, I never thought about it that way. I do tend to meet people in large batches, which may be part of it.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t even pay attention tbh.