What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sounds like a quick way to get in front of HR

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Woo boy. Thresher maw combat is different

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It smoked me three times before I got used to it.

I’m also playing through as a Sentinel, which I never did, and loving it

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So, is it worth it?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah man. Quality of life improvements in ME1 alone would be enough for me, and then I get to play a remastered 2 and 3?

IP likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

One of my favorite game sets. I’d have bought it if it wasn’t remastered.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This marks the third time I have bought the trilogy. No regrets.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm playing through as an infiltrator. In ME1, I almost always went soldier and generally didn't use the powers much for anyone. It draws the connection to ME2 and 3's combat more now that I am using them, although it isn't as crisp or smart.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t like to micromanage the party. ME2-3 definitely made it easier to use their powers without feeling like breaking the game up. I’ve done soldier and adept but I usually do vanguard. It just fits how I like to play, especially 2 and 3 when you get the charge

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

While not for me, the charge thing is one of the biggest gameplay changing powers in any action rpg I've played. Pretty amazing how they put something so different in so seamlessly

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Charge and shotgun, game over

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Assault rifles must be better now. Like I said I’m playing sentinel and even find myself using it from time to time.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think they are, so much as the gun play in ME1 has been tuned with slightly better aim assist which makes the biggest difference for that weapon.

emainvol likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah that makes sense. I also think the toned down reticle blooming is a godsend in some fights.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What always gets me is how enemies will charge right up into you but individual shots don't often have a lot of lethality to them, so you end up spinning around each other desperately trying to get a bead on them if it is a mission inside of a ship or close quarters.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Husks. Think I’d rather fight a krogan

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, singularity is nice for that. a big improvement from 1 to 2 is that the range of effect on powers is documented.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Definitely hit a couple weird control and Mako related bugs during the Cerberus mission in ME1 last night.

The control issue was Shep got stuck facing one way regardless of how I moved or controlled the camera. I opened a med box and it fixed on its own, but it happened mid fight so that was fun

Right after, the Mako was stuck. It would play all of the animations including the mud slinging off the tires, but no movement. Got out, Mako spawned 100m away, still stuck. Had to return to Normandy and reland to fix.

Other than that, in 13-14 hours of gameplay I haven’t run into anything too weird. The UI health displays for whatever I’m aiming at have been wonky as hell, particularly inside buildings, but I think that happened in the original too

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the original, achievements were kind of wonky for characters. In this one, got every achievement in one playthrough. Man, that alone is nice for the ole OCD.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve actually found myself wanting to do a lot more extra stuff this time around. Part of that is because I’ve played through twice and was lazy about Wrex both times so I figured I would put in the work this time