What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Smash Bros isn't on my primary list, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up getting it at some point. I may end up getting the controller just to have it. We will see.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm excited for mario golf, hopefully they don't [uck fay] it up like they didn't with tennis.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Loved Mario Tennis on the N64. Haven’t looked into the switch version much, but I saw the ratings were poor and assumed they botched it.

I played Mario golf a TON on game boy or game boy advance. Hoping it’s fun.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Y’all excited for anything the Direct showed?

Never really got into Metroid games, but dread looks pretty awesome. Also super monkey ball 2 was my family’s ish for at least a year. Pumped to see it back.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

How much money would y’all pay for a new NCAA right now? Like if you sat it down in front of me I would go so far past the point of reason, and I’m fairly frugal.

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

shit, just give me a roster updated version of NCAA 14 that works natively on PC and I'd hand over at least $100

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd pay new console price for a legit college football game and have zero regrets.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wouldn’t pay anything absurd. Why bother when I know VB is going to win the title regardless?

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Obviously hyped for Breath of the Wild sequel, like everyone else

Mario Golf looks cool. Definitely excited for Metroid Dread.

Shin Megami Tensei 5 is going to be a first day purchase for me. I haven’t actually played anything in that series but it’s similar enough to Persona that it can hold me over a little while longer while I wait on Persona 6

Advance Wars for Switch is great, but I’m not buying it until it goes in sale.

Volsdude likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone played Pikmin 3 Deluxe?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He just user-picked another of my passes and I haven't even owned an xbox in years. Can't be stopped.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trying Zero Hour. It was $12.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone more familiar with Prime Day know if I’ll get a shot at a discounted Switch or a bundle with a solid game?

I’m itching to just buy now but don’t want to regret it when they release a bundle with savings on a solid game in a couple days.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Doubtful, Switch consoles very rarely go on sale. But I guess it’s possible

Physical games will see sales for sure

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Games are already on sale, and I’ve been taking advantage. Got Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Snap, and Mario Party already. Zelda will be here tomorrow. Probably gonna buy Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Mario Golf over the next few weeks.

Bought the system earlier. Somehow walked out of GameStop with a $299.99 console and a $54.99 game for $302 total, after tax. I used a $15 off coupon and 2 $5 off coupons, but I have no idea where the other savings came from. I’m not complaining though. I love that place lol

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, it’s pretty dumb that the pro controller isn’t compatible with Super Mario Party. I’ve got family in town, but if we want to play with even 3 people, I’ve gotta buy extra joy cons.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

17. cpninja

cpninja Member

So I bought Guilty Gear: Strive on a random recommendation from a friend and it's a fantastic game. I dont venture into fighting games much(outside of Smash bros I've probably played 3 or 4 fighting games in the last 15 years) but I'm hooked. I'm getting my ass kicked in 80% of my matches but it's the most fun I've had in a competitive game in a long time. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a fighting game on PC/PS5/PS4(as niche of a audience as that is)

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is on sale for $29.99 at Target.

I have no idea wtf it even is, but my son has mentioned wanting it so I may pick it up.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, everyone needs to go spend $30 and pick up Immortals Fenyx Rising while it's on sale.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My "clan" (we've gamed together since 1998, before groups were "guilds") wants to look at New World from Amazon.

If you pre-order, you get enrolled in beta. And I think you have 30 days to cancel order. So basically a free trial.