What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Chieftain

Like, improved display and audio when you're playing it in handheld mode? I literally haven't done that once since buying mine lol

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah that seems to be the update. I barely play mine handheld so I’ll be waiting for a performance update before I buy another.

I guess it’s not completely out of character for Nintendo, given they did something similar with the 3DS XL

3. Indy

Indy Chieftain

Tried Mario Tennis and Mario Kart on the switch last night.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I don't like either game as much as I did the versions I played back on N64.

Tennis just feels so gimmicky. I don't like all the frills and bullshit they've added. It's the kind of stuff that used to be in "extra" modes back on the N64 version. You could play it if you wanted, but it wasn't the focus of the game. Now it's the focus, and it's just kinda meh. Beyond that, what's with the lack of co-op options? If my fiance and I want to play offline doubles games against the computer, the only option we have is free play. Why would they not include a doubles co-op tournament option, so that we can actually feel like we are building towards something together, rather than just playing a random, meaningless game every time we play? Or am I just missing something?

Mario Kart is okay but just feels slow. Like, it feels like a race where everyone is driving 65, when the old one felt like everyone was driving 100.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just started playing this game called GTA5. Y’all heard of it?

Indy and fl0at_ like this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Is that the one that’s causing all the kids to listen to Marilyn Manson?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bought Super Mega Baseball 3 for <$20. Most fun I've had playing a sports game in a long long time.

7. Volsdude

Volsdude Active Member

Biting the bullet on Mario golf in a few weeks, I’ll let you know how it goes. That’s a bummer about tennis, I wanted to get that one too at some point.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

GTA Online is ridiculous and mostly fun

9. Indy

Indy Chieftain

I used to run with a group of like, 8-10 people who would just empty lobbies on that game. Like, we would join a lobby and just kill everyone until we were the only ones left. Tanks, Choppers, Jets, Submarines, Oppressors, Explosive RC Cars... We would just destroy everyone.

I do like how they've kept the game fresh. The new submarine/island update they did recently was top notch for a super late DLC on a what, 7 year old game?