What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Picked up Pokemon Sword to play in tandem with 2K. It's the first game I've played using the Switch in handheld mode, and I'm honestly liking it a lot. It's a pretty easy, laid back game that is fun but doesn't require a ton of focused attention. My fiance is a big fan of the fact that I can play the game handheld while we watch a show together, which obviously isn't an option when playing something like 2K.

Might have to look into getting the new one, or even the remakes of Pearl/Diamond (never played the originals).

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Sword and shield sucks. The new one is apparently a whole lot better.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've enjoyed Sword fairly well. I really like what they've done with Home and allowing you to transfer pokemon across the different games. I definitely moved about 30-50 pokemon from Go to Sword.

Also, 2K is just a terrible basketball game. Like, I'm honestly surprised it's so popular. Way too many examples of CPU players just dribbling the ball out of bounds for no reason, or my own players passing into defenders necks/chests/knees. Some of the shit that happens in the game is just so stupid, and it happens relatively frequently.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

Lost Ark is out and free. I don’t like anime though.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just bought 2K a couple of days ago. Get my ass beat every game. Not fun. Not sure I’ll stay interested enough to figure it out.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Played my son in Madden. Trash game. He had Lamar Jackson and somehow connected on a pass going out of bounds left, all the way across to the other sideline to a wr he had no idea was even there.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Legends Arceus is the most fun I’ve had with Pokémon since I was a 10 year old playing the original Red and Blue on Game Boy. This series has been begging to go open world. The Wild Area in Sword and Shield was a trial balloon for it.

8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

How long do you think you’ve played? I want to get it, but I can’t tell if it will be repetitive and grow stale.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Interesting. I’ve been trying to decide if I want to speed through Sword to move on to Diamond/Pearl remake or Arceus. Lots of people seem to like the new one.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Refund S&S and get both of those.

Read some of the open world gets a bit barren in the new game and doesn’t feel that alive. But compared to what you got in S&S still a huge improvement.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Whats your problem? Can’t score or can’t stop anyone?

If you’re doing a MyLeague, I highly recommend looking up someone’s settings and downloading them. I also highly recommend mastering the pick and roll.

I struggled early on when I started, but i figured a lot out as I played and am winning very consistently at a difficulty 2 above where I started. Also doesn’t hurt to look up specific controls as well.

12. Ssmiff

Let me guess what player Indy plays as

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve actively talked about my team in this thread.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Can’t score or stop anybody but offense is worse. Turn the ball over a shit ton. When I do anything it’s pick and roll. Just haven’t gotten the shooting timing down either.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My PS4 is struggling with connecting to the internet. In what might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen from 2K yet (which is saying something), after I finish a game, it tries to “save my earnings” on the 2K server. But it can’t connect. And instead of jusy realizing that and moving on without saving, it just keeps trying until I’m forced to press “quit,” at which time it kicks me out to the main menu without saving the game I just played.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, the shooting takes a while, especially since everybody has different motions. But it gets better the more you play. You’re using the different types of passes, right? Took me a minute to realize I could bounce pass lol

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I use icon passing because that’s what I did on an earlier version. Was thinking next time I might start trying to get away from that

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It definitely cut way down on my turnovers when I realized I could use circle to bounce pass and triangle to lob pass. There’s skip pass, jump pass, and fake pass as well. But those first 3 were game changers.

19. Ssmiff

You may need another post to describe to jqk what those passes look like

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Any reason to hold off on buying a PS5 or Xbox Series X right now? There aren’t any price drops or “new” versions coming out soon or anything within the next year, right?