What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I downloaded eFootball last night and I liked the way it looked and played even if it was a bit too fast, but it offers nothing for single player. I’m not interested in online stuff at all. Everything I read re: FIFA23 is that it’s a disaster so I’m not going there. If eFootball added something like a career mode I’d give it a shot but not gonna just play exhibition games

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I loved Tetris as a kid, probably played it more than any other game on NES. Stumbled across a game called Tetris 99 that is essentially a battle royale version of Tetris. I'm hooked like a Kentucky fan on meth.

Volsdude likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

Tetris is definitely video game crack

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

FIFA 23 is probably fine if you're just a casual.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I have always played the hell out of career mode. I played a ton of 22 but things about it really frustrated me

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's a shitty game, but I never play against the CPU. I just get tired of the online games feeling so scripted.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone played the new Star Wars game?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah it’s really good. Just finished the main story last night. Frustrating bug that seems to have broken the best side quest

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve been playing the new Zelda

Terrific as always

10SEvols likes this.
  10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m in the home stretch of finishing up grad school and cannot wait to get my hands on one of the new handheld PCs. Elden ring and Jedi Survivor are going to be at the top of my list. I’ve got Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox right now but haven’t had the time to get back into it after a bug lost me 6 hours of gameplay. Between that and Tears of the Kingdom as well as Starfield I’ll probably be behind on gaming for as long as I live.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Working through Jedi Survivor the second time and the part where you get teleported around by Merrin’s portals while you fight the big drill is probably the most fun sequence in gaming history

12. JohnnyQuickkick

No, FIFA 23 suuuuuuuucks. I can’t tell you how much. It’s awful.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve got like, 2,000+ games on it. You don’t have to tell me. It’s terrible.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s way worse than 22. It’s unbelievable

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Final Fantasy 16 is just fantastic

That said, there are a shit ton of long cutscenes and/or long stretches without the option to save

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really looking forward to this one. Been a big FF fan for a while but haven't been truly impressed with one in ages.

emainvol likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s very different. They went pretty much full action game, but they pulled it off

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The review situations is interesting. Lots of people saying it’s phenomenal, while others say it’s a poor man’s version of Devil May Cry (never played it).

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ve taken a big hiatus from Assassin’s Creed but I got Syndicate and Origins for like $7 apiece. Victorian London looks like it was a shit hole.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree with the general feelings that I’ve seen on the subreddit. It’s a good game from the beginning, but once you get to about 1/4 to 1/3 through it becomes truly great