What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is the first place I’ve heard staunchly negative feedback about Starfield. Interesting. I’ve heard some “I didn’t like it” but not that it just flat out sucks.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

All the boys in town so I grilled last night. They are all gamers. Which led to them telling me I don’t get invited to COD games because “you’re trash”. They never saw me in my heyday playing COD till 3 am when they were kids, doing the campaign. The free for all stuff is silly, just running thru open area. Then they said I’d probably just find a perch and sit. Well hell yeah. Why not. Running around crazy isn’t real. Argued with them for 30 minutes about it which included some Madden trash talk by me because they can’t stop the shotgun spread hot routes.
    Great night.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can see how some people might like it

But I’m just saying your mileage may vary

And I loved Skyrim. I just think it’s a lazy, shitty attempt at an epic RPG

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s even lazy. I think they were overambitious. It’s a game that probably should happen all in 3 planets max that they spread across a galaxy which adds to the excessive fast travel/cut scenes and everything feels sparse as opposed to the density of Skyrim/fallout all happening on one map.

I don’t hate it though. I’ve spent the last 2 weeks just mindlessly surveying planets and it’s been fun/relaxing for me but now I’m bored. Most of the quests you have to go through 15 min of tedium for 3 min of action. Quests aren’t written very well either I will say. I really liked my first 30ish hours and now I’m fading.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    emainvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well that's it for me. It is all mindless. It is not compelling. The flying is so bad that it might as well not be there.

emainvol and Volsdude like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did the Hoover Dam today. It’s got me wanting to play New Vegas.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Picked up a Playstation Portal today. With a wife and two kids that seem to always be using the TV where the PS5 is hooked up, this is going to be well worthy the money. Used it for a couple of hours today and it works great.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trying to figure out Xbox’s various new levels of membership is like trying to sort through mobile phone plans. So over complicated.

I’ve apparently been upgraded from Xbox live gold (which has gone away) to Xbox Game Pass Core. It looks like my price might have doubled? I apparently have access to 25 free games, but that list is ridiculously challenging to find.

Why do companies do this shit?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay, so I finally found the list (on Reddit, of all places), and it looks like Fallout 4 is included.

I go to download it to my console through the app on my phone, and I see that I can also download Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I click on both, expecting to hit a wall that tries to charge me. Nope. All 3 games are now downloaded to my Xbox, apparently.

Can anyone explain to me how I have access to NV and 3 despite those games not be included in the 25 game catalog that comes with Game Pass Core? Am I going to get home, try to play them, and be told I have to buy them first despite having already downloaded them?

10. Volsdude

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re probably right.

Is Ultimate worth it? It looks like I can get it for $10 a month right now.

The only games I’m trying to play from it are the fallout games, specifically 3, since it’s the one I played the longest time ago and I haven’t touched it since we moved to the DMV area.

I’m sure there are a ton of other games available on Ultimate that I’d enjoy. But I already struggle to find time to play the games I have. Elden Ring, Last of Us II are sitting on the shelf. Got a number of games I bought on Steam that I haven’t touched yet either.

And I can’t imagine I’ll touch the feature that lets you play on phone/tablet remotely.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I'd just buy NV/3 anyway when they are on sale (even if its on Gamepass base).

13. Volsdude

If you only have an Xbox, it’s an awesome value. If you’re going to be playing ps5 games too, it might be better to just do it for a few months at a time when there’s specific games you want to try out. But I’ve played a lot of games on it I wouldn’t have tried otherwise (Hades, Roboquest, hifi rush, deathloop, etc.) and definitely appreciate it for that.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve considered that too. Probably the easiest approach, although I want to play 3 now.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve got everything (PC, Series X, PS5, and Switch). I play the Series X the most by far. The PS5 is for exclusives and specific games. Same for Switch, I guess. Just haven’t gotten into the PC since building it (probably should have skipped it, but whatever). I have a number of games I want to play on it.

I do see a number of games I’d like to play on Ultimate (Deathloop, Crusader King’s III, Mass Effect, etc.). Also wouldn’t mind trying Age of Empires and Cities: Skylines II on the Xbox. I have both on PC, but would be more likely to play them on Xbox.

I’ll just have to make a decision. The main thing making me consider Ultimate is the stackable deal for $10 a month.

Volsdude likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I started Spider Man 2. Haven’t got very far but don’t start it late thinking you’ll play a minute and go to bed. Doesn’t give you a stopping point for a while

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just lol at the GTA6 response from the people you knew would respond to it

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk man I want to see one set in Gibson County

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Its always kind of hilarious to me that in a game in which I’m playing as a super powered human with spider powers they always gotta shoehorn in a section or 2 where I play as a ginger newspaper reporter

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I tell you what... I loved the start of FFXVI and was ready for it to be over by the time I got to the end, but I'll be damned if I don't love the song "Our Terms" from it's soundtrack. It's been months, and it's still one of those songs I can just listen to on loop as I'm working and never get tired of it:

It's just such a lighthearted, easygoing theme. It might be my favorite thing about the entire game, and I like that it reflects the point in the game when you first hear it, with regards to the stress of the situation the characters were in and what was happening in the plot. It was the point at which the main characters were in the most control of their situation/future, after the tumultuous start and the impending doom that was yet to come. I've always loved how the FF soundtracks can almost define the specific parts of the game. Songs like To Zanarkand, Cosmo Canyon, Aerith's theme, Suteki Da Ne, etc. - I hear them, and it reminds me of those characters' journeys and how I felt at certain points playing those games. Just great memories and maybe my favorite part of the franchise.

I think @emainvol will understand, even if no one else here does.