POLITICS What deserves impeachment of an elected official?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The rumor mill is rarely wrong.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think anyone that the Dems want to testify and anyone that the GOP wants to testify should show up and be allowed to fully testify. Simple as that.

IP likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the person who heard the conversation testifies friday. there will be a new glib dismissal need then.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No thanks. Ask any Lawyer; there are a lot of folks in Jail after being told by Police, if you have nothing to hide then you will talk with us.

Also; perhaps the 6 witnesses the Republicans have requested but been blocked by Democrats should be required to testify also; if there is nothing to hide.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Never talk to anyone.

warhammer and Volst53 like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Is that the guy testifying behind closed doors?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, but GOP reps are on the committee too. Imagine being a normal person who is thrust into this sort of thing. It'd be awful.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Ukrainian President - the other half of the alleged quid pro quo - has categorically denied any such thing, repeatedly and publicly.

You have witnesses testifying on things that they didn’t witness. About conversations that they weren’t party to.

You also now have sworn testimony that what he testified as assuming to have occurred, didn’t actually occur.

Great Day 1, I guess?

9. Tenacious D

Do you not have a right to face your accuser?

He believes in what he’s saying so strongly, but not enough to publicly testify?

I just had someone give me private testimony that this is a farcical clown show, and it’s only just begun.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I will go ahead and jump in with the obligatory, "Kill a person on 5th Avenue...", attempted put down.

11. Tenacious D

That anyone would follow Schiff anywhere, for any purpose, is beyond my ability to comprehend.

If I’m a red state Democrat, I’m ejecting out of this mess.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Ukraine president has a lot to lose by saying he felt pressure. He's not going to rock the boat for some scandal which doesn't concern him and which he knows will still end up with him dealing with Trump anyway. Denying is the obvious play for him and he makes sure the funding keeps flowing.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, he doesn't. This isn't a criminal trial, it's an impeachment inquiry.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree with you.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He looks like the cat who swallowed the canary.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

This isn't a trial, that happens in the senate. You do not have a right to face your witnesses while they are submitting statements to the police, right?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you imagine if he spoke up about this? Oh, well good luck with Russia invading you then.

Unimane and tvolsfan like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

So it is your belief that the acting ambassador to Ukraine doesn't know what he is talking about regarding what occurred in negotiations between Ukraine and the US?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He did that to the Kurds for less.