POLITICS What deserves impeachment of an elected official?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, the President of Ukraine is lying - publicly and privately, because he didn’t even mention it to the Ambassador in three (3) separate meetings, following the call in question.

Is that where we now are, that the President of Ukraine is lying....to protect Trump....for his allegedly pressuring him....to root out corruption in his own country....and which carried over to those in the US?

2. Tenacious D

Doesn’t know what he’s talking about, regarding a call that he wasn’t on, and which was never mentioned in subsequent meetings with the Ukrainian President?

Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

3. Tenacious D

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As Taylor noted today, Trump was unconcerned with corruption in Ukraine and solely focused on Biden. It's a nice string to try and dangle from here, but not really viable.

Of course, we could skip all of this and get the verbatim transcript, the one swept away to a secret location and away from discerning and prying eyes. At this point, though, only the fools and most devoted of followers still have doubts he actually advocated this idea.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO; Trump is Schiff's White Whale. Both will suffer similar results.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As I understand this person had no direct conversation, communication with the President either.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Does one need direct contact with the Pres to have heard the call, though?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are in a space with someone on a cell phone. The defense would have a field day with that. How far away were you, where were you, were others in the room, what ambient noises were around, did he have earbuds, you expect me to believe that you heard every word of the President correctly with the phone pressed up against the other persons ear.

When you are in a space with someone else on a cell phone how often do you hear both sides of the conversation?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here's the problem: what they heard can be compared to the facts: when were the funds released and why then and not before or later? What other facets of "corruption" were ever mentioned besides Biden's son being employed in the country? What was Guiliani's, not a government employee, role? Or was he functioning as something other than the President's personal lawyer? Why does the President believe Ukraine had anything to do with the 2016 election? What evidence did he have, or where did he hear this? Why was the previous ambassador dismissed?

There are answerable questions to look at, and all those answers in total are what matters. And the idea that all these things are ignored if a person didn't speak directly to the President would free a lot of people from prison right now, presumably mostly guilty people.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, I am willing to take a test on whether I can hear both sides of a cell conversation when sitting next to someone, if in a fairly quiet place. I absolutely can, and I am sure I am not special.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What you say is true; do you think that moves the needle of public opinion enough to form a groundswell of support for removal. I think most won't move without a smoking gun (i.e; Nixon Tapes, Dean, Haldeman, etc.)

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What would be a smoking gun? This is my ultimate question in a generalized statement, but we cannot seem to get away from current news.

So I wonder what a smoking gun would be in this case?

Him coming out and saying "I wanted to bury that sombitxh Biden!"?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Giuliani; would make good smoking gun.

Trump will not be removed without a groundswell of public support calling for it. I am not feeling a wave of public sentiment over what has been provided and promised so far. Seems to be the same sides taking their respective corners. The media even seems less enthusiastic.

14. Tenacious D

Having nothing to sell can often complicate the sales process, particularly the closing of said sale.

15. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

17. Tenacious D

I don’t see this as being proof of anything.

And it’s chickenshit reporting.