What happened to the wait and see approach?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 30, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

9 wins may not be enough to get you excited, but I do think they're enough to buy another year. Even though they should be vulnerable this year, beating Florida after all this time will engender some goodwill.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Anytime as soon as possible when you're dealing with [ddiapos]. He's doing more damage every day he's employed.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A retarded monkey could beat Akron, Ga St, Troy, and Kentucky. Should we not expect a winning record against Bama, Vandy, Florida, Mizzou, Miss St, Carolina, UGa, and NC St?

Apologies to retarded monkeys for not giving them a chance last year in Lexington.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree 100%. 9-3 will get him another season no doubt.

5. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Seems obvious... Sunseri holds the wheel until Smart gets here.

6. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

this team is not going 9-3

7. Tar Volon

If I weren't a Smart skeptic, I would agree. But I am a Smart skeptic, so I'm not sure.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my opinion the best point to fire someone is with 1 or 2 games left. you get ahead of the other programs, but it's late enough that you might have some commits worth salvaging.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you expect 7 wins and he wins 7 games than you can't be unhappy. VFL!

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bama (Loss), Vandy (win), Florida (Loss), Mizzou (win), Miss St (Loss), Carolina(Loss), UGa (Loss), and NC St(toss-up)

7-5 at best. Maybe I'm being extra pessimistic, but I'm just going off of what we've seen from Dooley the last two years and what team chemistry looks like.

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I have no certain knowledge, but my bet would be Hart got Sunseri when he made it clear who the next coach will be.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if you know any retarded monkeys, we should give them a call for the interim position.

13. Tar Volon

This is kinda my initial thought. After the South Carolina game seems to be traditional.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

on the other hand if you have the go ahead from a guy currently unemployed a la gruden. best to fire him asap so the new guy can start recruiting.

15. Tar Volon

That's fair. But working under the assumption that the new hire isn't going to take the job until November/December, I lean towards early November as the best time.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Would those be Tenacious D's that haven't fully evolved yet?

18. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I would be just as surprised if Smart is not Hart's pick as I would be if Dooley remained.

19. Tar Volon

I tend to agree, but if Charlie Strong wins 10+ games, I'd want to give him a very hard look. He'd have the defensive chops of Smart plus a solid three-year record as head coach.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Strong would be a solid choice.