What happens with Iran?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll take subjective and pointless arguments for 300, Alex.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was Hasselhoff, not Reagan, who did it. In any event, with that little bit of absolute surreality, lack of sanity, hagiography and sheer idiocy, I 'm out.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a ship has been attacked and there has been limited reprisal. I'm not sure if they will hit, but the possibility of the Iranian system to fall really only comes from within.

4. Iran is controlled by Islamic fanatics. They cannot be reasoned with in a logical manner.

Should they attack a US Navy ship, I suggest a thunderstorm. By thunderstorm I mean cruise missles with conventional warheads literally falling on them like rain from a storm.

As for their nuclear ambitions. Our best bet is to give Israel the green light. However, we must back Israel 100%. Even if it means going to war.

5. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Iran isn't about shit. They just run their mouths. Who cares if they're pissed off, [uck fay]'em.

6. I agree, but at the present time our rental agreement is stronger with them, than with others in the region. Especially with the increase in Islamic radicals in the Egyptian government.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Warrior Diplomat has taken new meaning. 7th has your diplomacy right here, Iran.

8. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Unfortunately my wife is on one of the Carriers heading that way so I plan on being there a lot with my two girls. So unless you like wild kratz and sesame street you may not want to hang out there.

If you do like sesame street and princesses, come on down :)

9. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Our response (if the military decides it) will be to launch missiles until we run out (We do have a large arsenal that is set to expire :)) and do a limited air strike/war. Will be done within a matter of days and then we will back off. We wont step one soldiers boot on the ground.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have 7 & 9 year old daughters. I can hang with that programming. We surf fish everyday. You
    and the kids could hop in the back of the truck and head out. What village is your beach house in, if you don't mind answering?

Edit: Thanks to your wife and your entire family for your sacrifices in her service to our country. God bless you all. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm really not eager to get in another ground war. Too many brothers in the service or wanting to be.

12. JayVols

I really think there is a <1% chance of this happening even if hostility flares. The only scenario I see for that is for Iran to invade its neighbors threatening to essentially cut off oil supplies or invading Afghanistan to get at our forces. Don't see that happening. Don't think they have the ability to carry out and sustain these type of large scale invasions among other things.

13. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

I think the odds are escalating exponentially at this point.

Keep in mind we are not the only ones who would like to see a much weaker Iran.

Iran is also looking like it is about to lose its last real ME ally and may be looking at regaining lost ground.

14. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Our place is in Duck. My daughters are 4 and 6 so that would work. Do you guys ever go to Pensacola? We have a much bigger one down there that can accommodate 3-4 families.

15. JayVols

Never been to Pensacola. Is there good fishing in Duck like down in the southern OBX?

16. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Good fishing everywhere in the outer banks :)

I'm more of a boating guy, I bought the house in Chesapeake because it sits on the Albermarle canal and I can get all the way down to the OBX by boat.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The fishing is pretty good all over. The sounds and estuaries breed fish like crazy, which in turn provides food on the Atlantic side. The OBX is ecologically in decent shape.

18. JayVols

Unfortunately, my visit is during the beach closure period for the piping plover. I'm all for conservation, but this is activism gone amok. The closures have been in place for several years now during nesting season, but the number of mating pairs have gone down on the island since the closures. I know there are other factors at work, but my biggest point is that that area is nothing more than a stopover for the birds. I guess my biggest complaint is that the lawsuit was brought by a group from NY where over 90% of the shoreline is or is in the process of being developed, whereas in NC, less than 40% of the coastline is developed.

I never have bothered the birds while fishing there. I always follow the NPS's boundaries. The overwhelming number of fishermen there do as well. The closures are more about stopping fishing to this group than saving any bird, imo.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Duck is a nice little town, but the ridiculous speed limit kills me. It is pretty much a big "F you" to Corolla and anyone going there.