What Is So Great About Strong?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Dec 1, 2012.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

24-15 as HC.

0-1 (Interim)
    7-6
    7-6
    10-2

Recruiting:

2010: 48th and 3 Four Stars
    2011: 29th and 4 Four Stars
    2012: 42nd and 3 Four Stars
    2013: 73rd and 0 Four Stars (Currently)

So he's had 1 good season and isn't that great of a recruiter like everyone says. What makes him so great?

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

can I agree with you?

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

he recruited tons of talent into Florida while he was there. He inherited a disaster at Louisville and has still got them to a bowl game every year and put them in a BCS game within 3 years. His players love him and would kill themselves for him and he has shown incredibly ability to develop talent and improve players. What's not to love?

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

oh.. and he's Black. Who doesn't want a black coach?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's black. Duh.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Have you paid attention to what he took over? Have you looked at the youth he's been winning with.

*He engineered a turnaround in year one from the previous coach.
    *He was picked last in the Big East in year two. He finished tied for first.
    *He won the conference in year three.
    *He can go on the road and get it done. Maybe this doesn't impress people other than me, but if you compete better than expected in (and win your fair share of) tough road games that you're expected to lose, I count that as a solid mark on your favor. Strong has covered the spread at a 90% clip as a road underdog. He has won more than half of his games as a road underdog.

7. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Auburn

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Funny.

9. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

You cannot recruit well to Louisville no facilities in a small time conference. He got Bridgewater I the Little East that is all it takes.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If we don't get Strong, I want Shaw or Taggart. Is James Franklin black enough? If so, add him to my list.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He isn't known for his recruiting at UL. He's known for what he did at UF.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he were white he'd just be another Dooley. But with a winning record. And a better track record of turning things around. And a hotter wife.

cotton likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol if you stick around, you will never live this down. Black people are to you what kickers are to me. Just laugh about it and it'll be fine.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You need to take a much closer look at his recruiting. His first three classes were 2nd, 1st, and 2nd within the Big East. His current class is near the bottom because of lack of numbers. Based on average stars, it's the best class in the league.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

and players actually like him.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I actually forgot about Strong's wife. She's hot. And not black. Oh the madness.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only reason their average stars are higher is because they're black, though.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Harry just act like you were trolling.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

People only think she is so hot because she is white.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If he can't out-recruit Texas, Ohio St. and Alabama at Louisville than he's not a good recruiter.