What is the deal...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 9, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

with the many thousands of hard cider products now flooding the market? Who drinks that garbage? 18 year old girls?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Kidbourbon.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can see it...

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

dude I know that drinks them told me it's a gluten free thing. Are that many people gluten intolerant?

I'm generally intolerant of those talking about their gluten intolerance.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have a buddy who claims gluten intollerance even though i've seen him pound pitchers of beers in his past. there is actually gluten free beer that tastes fairly similar to real beer.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A friend of mine found out about being gluten intolerant a few years ago. He switched to vodka

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've been fairly convinced it's in his head, but i don't say as much. this is a guy who literaly would pound a minimum of a dozen beers a day on the weekends. i'd think if he was gluten intolerant he'd have been in the hospital or something. he's one of these people that is consistantly going to the doctor for unexplained illnesses. first world problems

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

[video=youtube;AdJFE1sp4Fw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJFE1sp4Fw[/video]

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Real men just drink Smirnoff Ice.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

A study came out recently that the vast majority of people who think they are gluten intolerant are not. It is a health craze that has gotten in people's heads.

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Right up the alley with parents feeding their kids with pills for being too hyper.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've never even considered whether or not something had gluten in it before consuming it.

13. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

This. Read a rant by a waiter the other day about customers requesting their meal be gluten free and then complaining that they didn't get Bess with their meal.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a disgusting number of restuarants in LA offer gluten free options. i'm assuming the demand must be there.

15. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

No doubt a gluten free diet is healthier and makes you feel better but that's a big jump from having an actual gluten intolerance. I think this is like the Atkins diet. It was the big thing for a while then it'll go away.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

only because zima was discontinued.

17. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I would assume it appeals to 20-24 yr olds. The girls want something other than a wine cooler or bud light. No guy wants to be caught dead drinking a wine cooler and want to seem more sophisticated than cheap light beer but haven't developed their palate enough for an import or micro. Just my guess.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd think more of someone drinking a Smirnoff than a hard cider.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is plenty of doubt that gluten actually makes you physically feel better or is in any way healthier. Lots of doubt. Buckets.

20. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I'm going to assume your over 25 and/or have a brain to think for yourself.