What Is/Was Your Major?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 23, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I had E&Y and Deloitte....had no idea on the others. I don't even know what the Kpmg acronym stands for, actually....

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Yeah, I'm definitely debating the trade-offs of going regional/corporate. Mainly because it's the only thing Juniors are exposed to in this recruiting cycle (Hoping to do a Regional internship over the summer). I'm sure things will get interesting once the Big 4 come calling, though.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Have you been able to use the MILC or Bloomberg, yet? That's some cool stuff.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Something Mickelson? Maybe?

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Your questions would be 1000X's easier to answer sitting at a piano as opposed to a message board. Kwebbs is doing a fine job, though.

The simplest way to answer your last questions is that the key is typically chosen to suit the vocal range of the singer. Kristofferson, for instance, wrote and performed 'Me and Bobby Mcgee' in a different key than Janis. You could hear this if listened to the two versions back to back. A trained and skilled musician can pick up a key (or close to it) by simply listening to the song.

I think you're still a little ways off from grasping the circle of fifths. Like kingwebbs said, try to understand a scale. You have the basic idea, but you may not get the spacing between notes that make a major scale major and a minor scale minor, etc.

For the record, I have a BS in Industrial Engineering and a Masters in Theology.

6. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Nah. I think it's Merwick or Marwick. Something like that. It is a combo of two firms that merged in the late 80s. They were based in London and New York, I believe. I'll look it up later. Got to head to class . . .

7. volinbham

volinbham Member

The PW is Pete (Peat?) Marwick. Can't recall what the K and G stand for but it is from a merger. There was "The Big 8", then "The Big 5" now maybe Big 4 or 3.

8. volinbham

volinbham Member

B.S. Marketing
    MBA
    PhD Marketing

I'm a Marketing Prof so I am using my degrees!

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm actually at Ohio State right now.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They are Phil Mickelson's major sponsor.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have you enjoyed cussing Michigan fans?

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

KMPG = Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler

(I had to look it up.)