What the hell just happened?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 4, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Pretty sure Johnson had lost to UGA before.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are probably one of the most dependent teams in the entire nation on having a good RB and good QB. They lost their #1 QB to graduation, lost their #1 RB a week or two before the opener, and the new QB got hurt in-game. With 8 months to prepare, we allow them to amass the most yardage they've ever put up.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Guys on 1340 made a logical point. Johnson had named 11 the starter then pulled the ol switcharoo last night. Our game plan was made thinking we'd face him and be able to contain him.

Of course, our halftime adjustment to it by moving the d line a yard off the ball is about as bad of an adjustment as one can make to it.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

all night. The FB with a half step toward the line before the snap at least 20 times.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

LWS says Jennings is out for the year. So, pretty safe to say he plays 50 snaps against Indiana State.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I saw that one, too. At first, I was sure that Johnson was going to be pissed that his team was, once again, taking too long to snap the ball. Then, I noticed Butch had panicked and bailed them out with his typical timeout management acumen.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Jennings wins Heisman, playing both ways. Called it.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

looked like a bad TO, but we couldn't stop that qb counter keeper to the weak side and looked like we were lined up the same way as the entire game. When we came out of the timeout we shifted

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Guys on 1340 were saying dislocated wrist this morning. Not sure if accurate at all.

10. Tenacious D

Anyone else catch the tight shot on Jones, asking if he should accept the motion penalty after the Tech QB had been stuffed at the line in first down? He was clearly just relaying what the ref was telling him, ostensibly, so that someone could refer to the chart and/or tell him what to do.

Watch from 1:42:00 to 1:43:00 (Bonus, this clip also includes a description of the garbage can):
    [youtube]cljdHedTnEM[/youtube]

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Had a friend suggest we play him at middle LB, since he wound up in that position on half the plays last night anyway.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's a win, but there is no way it's a good win. We got beat every way but the score, and were a fumble on the 10 and a retarded kicker from losing to a middling ACC team.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What's the deal with McKenzie? All I heard was that he's finally in shape. So did we turn him into a cross country runner? He used to seem like an immovable object.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He started 3 yards off the ball, both tackles did.

It seemed to me it was more important that the DLine left the game healthy than making plays.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to spin a good win when the other team didn't have a kick that could do more than xp's. Not sure how a major program doesn't find some invited walkons to keep that from happening. Surely there are enough kickers capable of 35 yard field goals around.

16. Tenacious D

It was obvious that the kid was a sham after he kicked that duck on his first FG attempt. And the "blocked" field goal was so low as to have risked hitting the helmet of a lineman who was being blocked.

Special teams count.

17. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

It's a W. Fix some mistakes and beat FL, and nobody will care about the GA Tech score.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It happened last year

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Urban Meyer and Frank Beamer made a lot of money on special teams

20. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I didn't mention the App score much until we lost to tweedle dee and tweedle dumb and everyone got on the injury wagon. Then it all came out.