When and what do you want to hear from Dave Hart?

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Lexvol, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

IDK there really is no lights out option right now...I want Wilcox to stay and have a good offensive mind added...as HC...That is my dream...make it happen...

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Chainlink yes

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[big grin]…

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not knocking Dantonio, just throwing out the fact it's perfectly capable to be a damn good coach without a lot of big time upsets on your resume before you get a big time opportunity

5. JayVols

I am impatient as they come, and I want to know what is going on immediately just like everyone else. However, I want Mr. Hart to not rush this one. I have no faith in Dooley. I may be wrong, but nothing that I have seen tells me he is THE guy. If a change is made, it MUST be right. We can't get this next one wrong or we will be nuked and the half-life from that will make the last 5 years seem like a blink of the eye. We can't pull a Hammy and take just anyone that says yes. Hart has to make a big time appropriate hire. Who that is, I don't know. I do know that WE ARE TENNESSEE DAMMIT! We deserve and DEMAND more than what we are getting. If a change is decided upon, no settling this time. Target a proven guy, and do whatever it takes to get them here. We have built or are building the finest facilities in the nation. If we want them bad enough, they will come.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is young and plays in the SEC. It's also hard to recruit nationally to a school in the top 10 in wins, bowl appearances, bowl wins and attendance.

I thought you knew all this

/sarcasm

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Well said. I also think next year's roster will be attractive enough for us to hire a good coach, given that he can come in and solidify current commits and still pick up some JUCO targets.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree about the importance of this particular hire. Get it right and UT can win quickly. Getting it wrong slows down the whole process, maybe by a lot.

9. JayVols

As a history guy, I endorse this post.

I would also would like to commend you on your life coach work with IP.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm hoping GT will start a blog for life coaching, soon. I need more guidance.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What do I want to hear from Hart? Four sentences:

"Thank you, [ddiapos]. Here is your check.

Thank you Butch Davis. Here is your check."

Simple. Short. Sweet.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Butch Davis. There's a name you haven't heard of in awhile in regards to coaching vacancies. Think the UNC tenure knocked off some of his shine? Just a little?

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Man, I want to think that Davis is clean, but it's just hard for me to at this point.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hell no he's not clean. He's known Blake forever.

That being said, I would like the hire

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And here (on hiring Davis) is where we part ways.

If you want an undoubtedly successful coach who has competed at the highest levels, but who is also marred by 'AA trouble, let's just hire Tressel and be done with it.

I can't agree with hiring Davis any more than I would recommend a thirsty man drink turpentine. Despite the temporary satisfaction, it's still poison.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is it anymore poison than letting a WAC loser continue on?

I don't think Davis will be a HC again anyways.

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I'll catch all kinds of shit...but Charlie Strong would absolutely recruit and win here quickly. The magnitude of the mess he inherited in Louisville was enormous, and he actually beat KY. Don't get me wrong...bigger names may be in play, but I'm telling you guys he would be great for the program right now.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Strong is a hell of a coach.

19. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Plus he would just run in the Vanderbilt locker room and slap the shit out of James Franklin when it was required.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

James Franklin would then say "Strong is too black" for kids like Kimbrow