When Did You Officially Blow a Gasket Tonight?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Oct 29, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And I think it snowballs into more points honestly.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is certainly a possibility, but honestly I think we would still lose either by another INT or a false start on a 4th and goal.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When theyhad the screen set up perfectly and 2 ol whiffed on one lb.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Double false start in the redzone leading to missed field goal did it for me. [uck fay]ing stupid ass onsides out of bounds about made me have a stroke, too. Punting late in the fourth after a million [uck fay]ing 4th down attempts pissed me off. I booed like a mother[uck fay]er when Simms came in. I was more booing the staff than Simms, though.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, when Connor Shaw was met by a UT linebacker or safety short of the first down marker and then bowled him over to get an extra 2 yards and the first. I'd be willing to be a large sum of money I'd burn his ass in a foot race, too.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

That was the most pathetic blocking I have ever seen. They make that simple block, the RB might still be running.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Did any of these things really surprise anybody?

I didn't blow a gasket, which is sad testament in itself. I think I have been conditioned to expect such things. I think at one point I did ask my wife if we really just used a time out to get the punt team onto the field on 4th and 14, and there might have been some HBO language involved, but the rest of it just looked like the current state of Tennessee football to me.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gah. I still can't stop thinking about how SC isn't any good, played one of their worst/mistake-riddled games of the season, and still beat us easily.

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Dunno if it would be considered blowing a gasket or more just being depressed as others have said, but for me it was after Waggner's interception return that brought the ball to the two yard line. I was watching the game with Dad and I told him right then, "I'll bet you anything Tennessee doesn't get a touchdown out of this." Hell, I was conceding that and was already settling for an extra point length field goal which I realize is even iffy for this team.

And of course, they turned it over.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I'm not sure why, with a QB whose weakness is fairly well-known to be arm strength, we continuously only had routes on the two sidelines. Why keep everything as far away from him as possible? How many times did he short-hop passes to the sideline?

11. volinbham

volinbham Member

I only saw the first QTR and that was enough - I saw the score updates (or lack of) at the bar. I'm glad I didn't see the whole thing. Worse loss of the season IMO. Pathetic.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

while SC isn't really that good, they're still 7-1

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think they'd have a winning record with their current lineup.

14. WM

WM Active Member

I'm not that upset right now. I'm in the acceptance stage of grief for this season.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was the onside kick out-of-bounds for me with an offside for me. Just stupid. Up to that point, I sincerely believed we could win the game. After that... I have no confidence in this staff.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seeing the defense cause some turn overs was the only bright spot. AJ johnson is getting better and better evey week.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terrible execution. Dooley and Eric Russell are supposed to be special teams aces. Also, I have no idea what was going on with the punt returns. None of our guys attempted to block to set up a Devrin Young return. Usually one man, seriously just one guy, rushed the punter. We basically had nine guys on the field do absolutely nothing for a play. They didn't even look like they were guarding the fake. That's why Young had to fair catch so many times.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, there is no blocking.

It wasn't just the execution of the onside kick. It was also the decision. It is a 7-3 game and the only score of their's came off a busted coverage on a 4th down. Your defense has played well. Your offense has not. Why surrender field position?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes, it was a stupid move. As to the punt return blocking, to me it doesn't look like they suck at blocking, but they aren't even attempting to block, as if that is their assignment. Like a damn screen play or something.

20. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

I never did. I wachet the game but Im also smart enought to know that we are too young and far to raw to compete in teh SEC right now.