When Doug Matthews is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

sounding the trumpet about how bad your offensive philosophy is, you've got serious problems. He has destroyed Bajerkoff this morning.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He sure has. I'm listening. Wow.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

At what point can this offense at least evolve to where the center can snap the ****ing football without needing the guard to tap him on the shoulder first. ****.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Another game with a sour taste in his mouth

5. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

It's bad. Everyone can see it except the onrs who carry water for the coach

Jones' stubbornness to change will be his undoing

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We've seen this before.

The honeymoon is officially over.

7. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Exactly

Once the media starts to question, its just a matter of time

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I will add that Matthews said that the future is bright and everything will be fine barring a little shaking up.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree if the shaking up thing happens. Tennessee recruits well enough they don't have to run some gimmick offense that sucks. Hire a guy and give them complete control of the offense and Butch could focus on recruiting and looking busy on the sideline for all I care.

10. JayVols

Botch's response to the criticism of a play that Hellen Keller could tell was shitty was to tell everyone to not believe their lying eyes with the "We need to hold a clinic so you'll understand" comment is pretty concrete evidence that he is too stubborn to change anything in the offensive philosophy. Unfortunately, he will go down with the ship before he changes his staff that belongs in the kiddie pool or adjusts his failed offensive philosophy, imo. Don't be fooled. This is Botch's offense, and he has a stooge taking the heat for it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I was hoping even though it's his offense, maybe while he's reading car and driver while taking a shit, it would come to him that it doesn't work and decide he likes the nice toilet he's sitting on more than being "right."

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It is 100% Butch's offense and he has run it anywhere he has been. This offense does not work with a marginal qb and that is what we have on Worley's best day. The fact that he insists on running it when he does not have the personnel for it and he is getting blown out demonstrates how stubborn he is. And, he does not care about winning now or even maximizing what we have. He is going to load up the roster first, then try to prove to us that his style works.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The offense is terrible. It makes no sense. Running that stupid double reverse again, against the best front in college football, made me utter noises not of this Earth. Tennessee football has become my brazen bull. I am being roasted alive.

[​IMG]

14. JayVols

Nailed it. And that infuriates me.

15. JayVols

Is it stubbornness or inability preventing any adaptations? That's the question I have, and neither answer is acceptable.

16. JayVols

That call could quite possibly be the worst in college football this season if not the last decade.

17. TDVol1989

That call was Dooley. And everytime we get that close, we do something dumb. Why you want all that crap going on 5yds behind the line of scrimmage when your O-line cannot block makes no sense to me. But, I bet you my left nut if you asked Butch, he would say all that misdirection would slow down the rush. That is so stupid. It is embarrassing.

18. TDVol1989

At some point, you have to wonder if the players will actually refuse to run that damn play in that damn situation again. What if Kiffin called that shit and that happened? You would not even have to ask Saban what he thought because we would all witness the ass chewing LIVE on national tv. I want my head coach to have an intense desire not to be embarrassed by nor have his team's fans embarrassed by what happens on the field. I had enough of that with ddiapos.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I thought Doug was going to go all out with his hatred of the offense at first. He said...

" If you're going to tell me that, in this offense the quarterback doesn't have to keep the ball a few times...I'm going to call you a...well I'm going to say you're not being truthful". Hahah !

20. Bdouble

Bdouble Member

There are tons of issues and I could be wrong, but I don't see this as one of them. I see teams do this every week as part of their silent count. I'm actually watching the 49ers do it right now. Tennessee seemed to be changing up the timing a bit between the tap and the snap on each play.