When will Dooley offically be let go?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by HypeVol, Oct 28, 2012.

1. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

Anyone with connections know yet? I'm not looking for speculation. TIA.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't know, but I want it to be as soon as possible.

If you know you want to fire someone, do it, and be done with it. Second, I'd like to be able to enjoy the rest of this season and root on the Vols without any black clouds hanging over the program. It's not fair to the fans, or the players, or Dooley, to let this go on any longer than it has to.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is pure speculation,but this thread should be obsolete in 24 hrs.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hope so

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hart knows (or at least I hope he does) that if he doesn't act soon, he will start feeling the heat too.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wish I had facts for you, OP. I don't. I am the least patient, most unfaithful person on the board. we just have to suck it up.

7. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Cannot fathom keeping this turd now, much less past tomorrow. Graham, Hinshaw or even Chaney can handle it for the balance of the season. Would give Gruden a chance to see what those guys can do sans Dools.

8. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

I feel you. I want this done already, for many reasons.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I can't imagine they'd give him Troy. No need to give him any momentum to complicate things. It'll either be tomorrow or immediately following Kentucky. My money's on tomorrow.

10. rlclimer

rlclimer New Member

I feel like if the announcement isn't made tomorrow, there isn't going to be one made. No reason to keep him, unless you don't plan on letting him go. This is bad news for those of us so hopeful that we land Gruden.

11. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

I don't really see it as bad news per se, but it does nothing to make me feel better about it. The timing just seems perfect to me to do it now. Dooley support is at an all-time low, he can't get any momentum by the weak November schedule, and the players will likely rally around Jay Graham (or other interim coach) knowing that Gruden is coming. However, Gruden may not want it to happen yet for whatever reason. I'll just feel much better when the first domino falls.

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Just want to say, the more I see your "joke" avi, the more I like it.... it is truly badass. The hippos are really what puts it over the top.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I have to think he'll be fired before November.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

To me, if all the info you guys have led me to believe concerning Gruden is true, then there is absolutely no reason to keep Dooley around another minute. His job approval rating as at an all time low. We give Missouri a 21 point whoopin and half the fan base starts slurping Dool-Aid again. They're freakin addicts.

If the powers that be have Gruden on the hook, the only reason they wouldn't act now is if Gruden doesn't want it that way.

15. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

That's pretty much the attitude I'm taking. A Dooley firing tomorrow means good things are on the horizon.

16. vol4eva

vol4eva New Member

Can't lie, I've been refreshing all day waiting for the news to break. This better go down in the next couple of days. Growing impatient....

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If they announce it tomorrow, what time would it be?

18. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

What time did Fulmer's press conference go down? Noon? 3 pm?

19. rlclimer

rlclimer New Member

Totally agree! I think Graham would be great interim. Very anxious for the first domino to fall. But I'm sure most here agree that it doesn't make sense to prolong this. Why let Dooley gain ground with meaningless wins? Maybe Hart doesn't have Gruden lined up? This would be the only thing that would make sense to me. KEEPING THE HOPE ALIVE THOUGH!

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No reason to not fire him tomorrow. Why let him look better against the dregs of the schedule and why not give gruden more time to recruit?