Where does this class end up?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by A-Smith, Dec 8, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We just hired some boys that are used to getting after it. Where will we wind up? I don't know anything, and I'm saying 12th. Hoping for better of course. Wish there wasn't an early signing period.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Impossible to predict right now

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree. This is about feel, not actual signing projections though.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

9th.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

10SEvols and Daddy Gee like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's going to bring in a few guys Butch never talked to

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a great sign, imo. I think Butch's recruiting abilities were either overrated or he's a total fraud of a coach... or maybe both. Probably both.

As was joked about before, being sold on Butch was kind of a ding on a player's intellectual understanding of football.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

15-20

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If we wind up with a top 10 class it'll be a real accomplishment. If we get into the top 5 it'll be miraculous.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think it's impossible to predict until I see how many kids sign in the early period.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Kiffin took over a higher ranked class, didn't have the early signing day to race against, signed the number one player in the country, and finished 10th.

The existing relationship these coaches have with recruits could certainly help.

A top 10 finish would be a hell of a start.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

are we really in with some of these new names? I don't follow recruiting too much, but seems like Pruitt bringing Sherrer over was a pretty smoothe move as far as recruiting. Not sure if he's ready for DC, but also assume its going to be a team effort with Pruitt heavily involved. We need qbs badly. Couple OL. More TE's with this group. Pruitt going to have a FB? DL coming in still decent. Badly need lbs and some ball hawks in the secondary. Not sure the last time we could describe a UT db as a ball hawk.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Warrior can be it with good coaching.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd like to see him in the box a lot. He's quick and runs downhill. If he sits back there 15-20 yards off in coverage in space, not so good. Neither is #22, but he gives his best. High school coaches teach dbs footwork and hips better than those guys have been taught

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sutton pre-injury probably fit the bill, but he was a corner and teams just didn't throw at him.

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I assume that all of our db's will be doing that damn face guarding now. God, I can't stand to see that shit. bama db's never turn their heads.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pure guess with no real basis in anything:

Top 15.