Where Should I Eat in Your Hometown?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Mar 17, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep. I suck at linking photos but I'll try.

1. Sauger- note large dark patches. Often the other parts are a beautiful copper color. Also note that the bottom tip of tail fin is NOT white.

2. Walleye- note yellow/green colors with black specks. The white spot on bottom of tailfin is a walleye signature.

3. Saugeye- note large black patches are lighter, less brilliant copper color skewed more to yellow/green walleye color, and like a walleye saugeyes have the white spot on bottom of tail fin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Party at JayVols house is what I'm getting from this thread.

3. JayVols

I haven't forgotten. I plan on bringing the wife. If she goes, the 2 ankle biters will want to come. The girls are 6 & 8. They usually are very well behaved in public, but I can make no guarantees beyond promising that if they do misbehave, they'll be very sorry later. Lol. Right now is my busiest time of the year with softball. We opened with TN High last week at our place. We won 7-0. I'll let you know when we play in Bristol (Whitetop Park). Perhaps you can come watch. I'll be the fat guy with the bad chin beard. It will be sometime in early April. If it was at our place, I'd get you in free, but I have no control when we play away.

4. JayVols

Come by, bring Bill. You both are good people.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Deal.

You can further teach me about the walleye. Never caught one, to my knowledge. I've caught mainly bass and bluegill.

6. JayVols

Can a mod that knows how to link shit fix my post above where I failed miserably? I apparently am a dumbass. I can never do that right on mobile.....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My parents and three siblings still live in Johnson City (in the Gump off Roan), so I'm there fairly frequently. May take you up on it sometime.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is that Springfield or GB? I know the one in Springfield.

Thats a positive.

The Dip is old school and a solid choice after being on the lake.

They have decent BBQ for a gas station.

See above. Outside of the water and a couple of good eatin places, don't stop.

9. Beechervol

The Depot in Springfield was a good meal til they shut down for tax issues.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Larry's in Springfield is the one I'm talking about.

I love Douglas's breakfast. The BBQ is okay but the smoked bologna sandwich is great.

I love the Dip.

11. Beechervol

I used to deliver meat to Larry's. Ate there free every other Fri.

There used to be a black fellow that BBQd over on 431 right up from Pebblebrooke Golf Course. Im not sure if he is still living, but that fella could cook. We delivered his shoulders an got a samich on the off Fri. I think his kids are running it now.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Bump. I'll be dining in your hometown tonight, VFJ. Will be in JC/Jonesborough the next few days for work. Actually, probably going to take them to Ridgewood tonight. Holler if you're around, rbroyles.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Lexington, Ky

A La Lucie

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Check out downtown JC. It's astonishing how many restaurants have opened since I left town (13 years now, wow). My brother swears by Mid-City Grill and there is a new seafood place that opened in the new (old) Sunny's if you know where that is.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Add Rizzo's Diner to Memphis list. The rage is lobster pronto pups.

16. JayVols

No invite for me?

You hurt my feelings....

17. hallowed_hill

Nice. We'll be down there after we eat for sure. I'll scope out where we want to try tomorrow.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Hosabi Kitchen is just about my favorite restaurant in town.

19. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

20. hallowed_hill

Come on over from hawkins co!