Who are we going to hire to help Dooley out?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 1, 2011.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

From what I hear everthing is already on the table. Dooley gets next year and as of now only coaching change is we are going to get a RB coach in replacement of Baggett.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Thread should be titled, "Who are we going to hire to help get Dooley out?"

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So UT fields one of their worst teams ever and the only one who has to go is one of the very few competent coaches on the staff?

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Smokescreen big recruiting period right now...I feel Hart has a plan that plan is comin...I have to believe this. Dooley's plan is that somehow through therapy he will win player and coaches respect back...

I am going to convince myself we are getting a new HC for christmas...

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's complete horseshit if Heistand stays. I will have any shred of hope that there are sane, rational individuals in the AD that are even remotely committed to winning ripped out if my heart like an unwanted tumor.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can't see them all staying. Weren't Hart and Dooley having some issues with this? Can't see Dooley keeping everyone.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no rational reason to believe that, at this point. We have Dooley another year. We have to come to terms with that, and try to not poison the recruiting well.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It hurts too much to be rational..one morning I am going to wake up and come to my computer and see Gruden hired as HC of Vols...Dooley kicked out of town...at which point I will bounce all over my house like a kid on Christmas...

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Rational? I'm almost willing to buy into that 10 year Cajun Voodoo curse they're talking about on TOOS.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I personally don't believe anything Basilio writes. His contacts are 3rd tier at best. He's not really trying to share legit info so much as make a lot of noise to drive listeners to his pitiful radio show. He's a clown and what I hear is that no one in the AD can stand him and don't feed him much of any info. Anyone who latches on to the bitter Colquit as his main former UT player contributor has nothing.

Basilio is still waiting on Lovey's plane to land.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Believe me I am starting to lose faith in a once strong university.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Willing to? I've believed it for about 8 years now.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I know this is tongue in cheek, and I haven't read this particular theory, but the concept underscores what I think is a huge problem with our fanbase. They seem to believe the troubles in the AD, along with the solution, are matters of fate beyond the control of the people directing the program.

Nebraska had a down period and now they are good again. Same for Bama and LSU. UT is down, but it is only a matter of time until Uranus ascends into Virgo and we are on top again. The result is that it doesn't matter if we hire a coach that has nothing to indicate he is a heavy hitter so long as we like listening to his press conferences. It doesn't matter if we keep assistants that are not at the top of their profession because Providence and cyclicality will make us elite again.

That isn't the way it works. Success isn't happenstance. It is the result of the right people making the right decisions. If there is a curse, it is that we have had, and still have, a bunch of people within the athletic department who simply aren't among the best at what they do.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Good point Cotton. Being good also has to do not only with how people behave for your program, but also how people behave at other programs. When LSU decided they wanted to get serious about football again, they decided not to hire the Jerry Dinardos of the world. Same with Bama, who thought Mike Dubose would be a good idea. This made things considerably more difficult on the rest of the league when other programs hired smart, competent coaches.

You can see this especially at Ole Miss. Up until the 1960s, they were a top program in the league under Johnny Vaught, a tremendous coach lost in the shadow of Neyland and Bear. And then it was like they took every shortcut and cheapo route they could. And look where it got them.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds like the staff changes will consist of losing one of our better coaches and hiring a RB coach. At least that seems to be the word right now.

16. Beechervol

"Like putting food on your families."

GWB

17. Beechervol

As expected.

18. Beechervol

Filtered through TOOS.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Porter is not a candidate because he flat out told Tennessee he is not going to be part of a sinking ship.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's a damn shame that it has come to this.