Who Here Is A Crier?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Apr 20, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

I doubt they would, fans would be irate. They were the one constant of the show. Granted they broke up a few times but they always gravitated back to each other.
    For all the flack against Netflix, you could go back and watch that whole series right now and the new season of Arrested Development will be released soon on there.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't. Wasn't particularly brought up not to. My sister doesn't either, and frequently reminds me that our family was born without tear ducts. Can show emotion plenty, just don't cry.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I can cry anymore. I can't recall the exact timing or circumstances of the last time I cried, but it's been about 15 years and a lot of stuff has happened that should have made me cry but didn't. The easiest example is that I didn't cry when my grandmother passed, and I loved that lady to pieces. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of this fact. It just is what it is. I don't think crying is for [ussies pay] by any stretch of the imagination, but it just doesn't happen to me.

I have never seen my father cry, but I wouldn't characterize him as unemotional.

I have seen my mother cry, but she is definitely less emotional than your average female.

I was never taught that big boys don't cry.

Weirdly, I do consider myself an emotional person in a lot of ways. I would like to be less emotional. Emotions are inconvenient.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't remember the last time I cried either KB. Maybe it's a Sagittarius thing

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I pretty much only cry now if I think or talk about about my dad for extended periods of time, and he'll be gone 10 years in June so it's happening more and more lately. I'm just not a crier. Doesn't mean I'm not emotional, I just internalize and don't cry a lot. It's how my dad was and how I am.

The only times I remember my dad crying was when his dad died and when he realized how much not making the all-star team when I was 15 crushed me. That's it.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

On a related note, the first time I remember crying about a sports-related event was my last at bat in tee-ball when I was 8. We were down one and I hit a shot that a kid stuck his glove up and caught. I dropped the bat and started bawling right there on the field.

The last time I cried at a sporting event was the 07 SEC title game with Ainge threw the pick in the endzone. It happened right in front of me, and as soon as he let the ball go I dropped my head. I never actually saw the safety pick it.

7. tankervol

tankervol Member

I'm a crier. Not ashamed to admit it. I tear up pretty bad anytime my daughter is upset and I can't do anything to help her. Watching her get stitches was the most recent incedent. Cried at my grandmother's funeral last month.

I guess you could say that I am an emotional crier. Just like my wonderful mother.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

[video=youtube;LOweupNOBVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOweupNOBVU[/video]

This is probably the last time I cried.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

When my dad died 8 years ago. To this day, I get emotional when I see things that remind me of him or discuss his awesomeness.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This is kind of me too, kb. For some reason, I didn't cry when my grandmothers died or when my grandfather died. I loved them very much, but I just didn't cry. I don't know why, and I certainly don't consider anyone weak if they do cry.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I bet that is very hard, sorry to hear. My dad is alive and we're very close so it will be tough when that day comes for me. I hate to see when fathers and sons aren't close such as the guys on American Chopper. Life is too short to worry about the small unimportant stuff that comes between two people. It's cool that he left that positive impact on you, I want to do the same for my daughter (and any future kids.)

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I cry more than most men i think. It isnt physical or emotional pain, but rather things that are very touching.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Things like Teny?

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This is how I am.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That would basically describe me as well.

16. JayVols

Amen, brother. My dad was my Superman. Couldn't imagine not being close to him.

Side note: dad loved his tobacco. Every significant date, I leave a full box of Kodiak wintergreen on his head stone after I sprinkle a dip on the ground. The homies do it with beer- I remember him with smokeless tobacco....

17. kidbourbon

Tar Volon: you Sagittarius?

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Leo. And the sister without tear ducts is Aquarius. I'm not clear on whether my three other siblings have tear ducts, but none of them are Sagittarius.

19. kidbourbon

There goes that theory.

Your sister doesn't cry at all? And she is female? I have never encountered such a member of the female species.

Y'all ever dated a girl that cried all the time? Like every day? I have. She was cognizant of the fact that she cried more than any human being should cry, which was the equivalent of give me a "KidB doesn't have to acknowledge my crying sessions" card...which was nice. But still, it was weird. Girl cried all the [dadgum] time.

20. JayVols

Pregnant women cry if you tell them 'good morning'. Crazy.