Who is John Brice’s source?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 30, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Brice said Currie is in the west coast interviewing three candidates including Leach.

Brice is breaking things before anyone else. I bet it’s the same source that gave him Gruden info.

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Brice did not break schiano - right?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No I don’t believe so. Wolken at CBS I think.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He has had several things since then though, since the Athletcs department apparently started leaking stuff to let us vet the candidates(IMO).

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Explains why he's being such a [ussy pay] about the whole reVOLution

A-Smith likes this.
  6. RevBubbaFlavel

Just wondering what is exactly different and who wouldnt know with schiano but know all this other shit

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Makes me wonder if the Gruden info that Brice knew was coming from the inside. But maybe Brice is just a good journalist with a lot of sources.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not saying it is up to snuff or a home run, but a Leach hire would hold my interest. A pirate in charge of the Vol Navy. Think about it.

Joseph Brant and Indy like this.
  9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I would love Mike Leach. I would be back in.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes.

11. RevBubbaFlavel

It could be AD's office as well.

I think currie wanted schiano to just "appear" at press conference so kept it hidden.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Imagine a Leach offense with 4 star talent.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't think Brice has different sources per se. But he is a free agent. His livelihood is not tied to UT the same way it is for Hubbs or 247 guys or KNS. Thus, he can go there a bit more. My .02 cents.

NYY, justingroves, utvol0427 and 2 others like this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I cant get this Gruden business out of my head. That’s the main reason I started this Brice thread( now that he’s breaking stuff).That La Canfora article on Sunday was odd with all the details. Surprised that nothing else came after. Since it was from Baltimore, Makes me wonder if Gruden himself leaked it as a preemptive strike. I still don’t understand why Gruden wasn’t more vocal/forceful if he wanted the job.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Gotta wait and see who he hires for DC and the rest of the defensive staff

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

At some point, we have to make peace with that: all he had/has to do is say something.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

This was true up until Sunday. Look at Kiffin, a large portion of the fan base wants him, he has said he would listen to an offer....no offer. Gruden would be no different than Lane if he expressed interest right now.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Leach would get smoked in this conference

JayVols and tvolsfan like this.
  19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No way. If Gruden expressed interest and Currie ignored him, he would be lynched in days.

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Kiffin is being pushed by major media types. 80% or more of the fan base would take that hire and celebrate. Yet, no offer. I grant you, Gruden would cause a much larger stir...but Currie/Haslam couldnt care less what the fans want.