Who Starts at QB for 2017?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Apr 24, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stoops may actually be worse than Butch.

Mason and Muschamp, not so much

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WTF happened to the East? And how can we not have taken advantage of it ?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have a hard time distinguishing between most of the garbage in the SEC east. I've got an inkling that Kirby is actually the worst of the bunch, but he may prove me wrong.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kirby is the best recruiter of the bunch plus he's in a state that produces enough talent he never has to leave his house to get it. It's been said his practices are shit shows and he's completely lost on day to day operations.

McElwain has had terrible offenses at UF and that's supposed to be his expertise.

Stoops has assembled a bunch of fired former SEC coaches all around him and doesn't recruit well.

Mason is a great defensive coach that can't find an offense unless it's against Butch.

Muschamp is a basket case but amazingly enough, has the best resume of all the SEC East coaches.

Mizzou is awful.

Butch is a terrible carnival barker.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd say that's a good summation. Something about Kirby reminds me of our very own ddiapos.

As much as I hate Butch, the only one I would trade him for and feel only a glimmer of hope that we could improve is McElwain. If he can ever find an elite QB prospect, I think he'll win. Of course that can be said for 2/3 of the coaches in the country.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Watched their spring game on SEC-N. Felipe Franks looked pretty damn impressive.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In the past I would read that sentence and be sad. But the apathy is very real until I see some changes.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Mason to be the next defensive coordinator here.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would take him.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He beats Jones again and his next job will be HC somewhere better. Vandy won't fire him with that on his resume.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really can't stand McElwain, he's a horse faced **** stick

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's a terrible head coach

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I like the Mac belk commercials songs gets points there.

I detest smart. He's done exactly zero to act like he does.

14. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

What's that say for Butch?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk, he seems to have settled into the role a bit.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have actually kind of liked him in what little I've seen. You can tell he's not a complete moron and not tied to convention. He also tells it like it is, so he's got a little Spurrier in him. When I contrast him with Butch's 85ish (generous?) iq, it kind of annoys me. But you've probably been paying a lot more attention than me. I just listen to the random press conference sound byte.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agreed. He improved a lot after his first year. He's just a bad coach now. He was Dooley level when he started.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His face just pisses me off

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well... yeah. I mean I'm glad he's not someone I share face/teeth genes with.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

butch isn't a good coach either