Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Good. Why not give him 12, with an automatic rolling raise/extension if he wins 6 games? I mean, if we’re gonna suck let’s suck from now on and just be done with it.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s probably going to extend to seven. There’s a clause that automatically adds a year if we get a 2+ year postseason ban or a loss of 8+ scholarships due to the investigation (I think both are likely).

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What are the buyout terms?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6. Savage Orange

So... no less than $12 million to fire him? Y’all be good, I’m actively rooting for Tennessee football to suck for the next six years. And beyond.

reVOLt likes this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I am the anti-fans from Major League. Except I don’t even care enough to go to the games.

reVOLt and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, I guessed the salary spot on.

Savage Orange likes this.
  9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

No additional rooting required. Tennessee gonna be Tennessee.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

4m. look where that ranks in the sec. in the big 10.

We. Don't. Care.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The number says what it says, but you already knew they didn't care. I think Tennessee is actually the only place in the country with a rabid fanbase and the money to make it happen and boosters who don't care. That's not to say some schools who do care don't have idiots running the show who can't execute, but I think this fact pattern is pretty exclusive to Tennessee.

12. Savage Orange

Now, Tennessee has firmly ensconced itself in the position of when the time ever arrives that they DO realize that a winning football program lifts the entire campus, they won’t be able to field one. Six full years from now, this football program will be 20 years removed from any shred of respectability and unable to ever regain it.

Turn out the lights boys. This party is finally over for good.

reVOLt likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

it already was, we just don't want to accept it.

ptclaus98 and gcbvol like this.
  14. Savage Orange

There’s no avoiding it any more. We were always “just one good hire” away... no more. The ship has sailed out into the lagoon and scuttled. It’s like watching a Viking funeral.

reVOLt likes this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

I don't agree with this at all. Eventually it won't be able to be brought back to life but it ain't there yet. Which is honestly incredible. Not many places could withstand it. Incompetent administration is the killer and its no better today than it was under Currie/Hart/Fulmer/Bev/Hamilton and whoever else I'm missing from the list of shitbirds.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Eh, you're always one hire away. Clemson and Bama have shown this.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

anything can happen but it is dead without any will to live

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

$9M, assuming Tennessee gives its usual 3 years no matter what guarantee.

19. HCKevinSteele

God that's a sad sentence. Literally all it takes is the will. May a true fan become a billionaire and not have his/her brain melt as normally happens to billionaires in the process so that they can fix this.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Not after 20 plus years... Bama only sucked for 10, max... and had a NC in ‘92 to break up the monotony. Clemson? Maybe you’ve got an argument but I don’t think they were awful for two full decades... Tennessee football has been murdered from within.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and NorrisAlan like this.