Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Since 1998 they have had 2 losing seasons, 8 division "titles", 6 ACC titles and 2 natties.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

There you go.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Electricity has been turned off for years now. Fans were given a couple of rocks and have been getting by by smacking them together in hopes of getting a spark for a glimmer of light for direction.

UT just took away the rocks and handed us some rubber mallets. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    A-Smith and gcbvol like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cheap salary, cheap buyout if you know what I mean

5. Savage Orange

Mississippi queen??

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Danny White is a [ussy pay]. Cheap buyout will just result in another cheap hire.

reVOLt likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

all out of candles, down to attempting to light and maintain extended farts. I think I prefer the darkness.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, the incoming freshman weren't even in school the last time we played for an SEC Championship. You've got upperclassmen that weren't even alive the last time we won a championship.

This thing is dead.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

How do you figure those numbers? If he’s fired after 4 years, he’d have 8M left on his contract, and we’d owe him 50% of that total...so, 4M after 4 years, raises and extensions notwithstanding.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

we refuse to pay that kind of price. gonna be looking for a Saskatchewan designated driver

11. Savage Orange

Math isn’t my strong suit, lol... I was looking at 50% of his total beginning salary in the last two years, non prorated.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I just feel numbingly sad. For 100 years our insane expectations of greatness drove us to being the gold standard of southern college football.

Now we are being sold that self detonating an NCAA nuke on ourselves to hire the now 10th highest paid coach in the SEC is positive.

It’s just [uck fay]ing sad. This program has meant too [dadgum] much to myself and my family for nearly 100 years. I’m named after my grandfather, who was named after his uncle that was a captain for General Neyland’s first team. It is more than football, it’s the culture I was born into. Things like being able to hug my father after we win a national championship while I still have him on this Earth with me [uck fay]ing means something. It feels personal

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]. I'm stuck with this mess. I'm going to watch this play out like a little [itch bay], despite me hating everything about how we got here and where we are going. This sucks, but is quite familiar at this point.

[​IMG]

14. Savage Orange

Pretty much the same for me. I’ve been a Vol fan my whole life. There are other teams I keep up with but the connection to UT is different. I hate it. I wish I could walk away but like other dysfunctional relationships, I’m like those folks that think “if I just give them one more chance, they’ll change”...

Battered Vol Syndrome.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hi, my name is Phil...hi Phil...I'm here today because I just can't stop being invested in Tennessee football. Please help me.

Savage Orange likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

For. Realz.

somebody cue up the Joan Jett classic...
    “I hate myself for loving you”...

reVOLt likes this.
  17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I’m still lurking dammit and I agree with the severs posts above. Grandma was a huge fan and made me watch Johnny Majors show with her on Sunday’s.

many of my family members are alums.

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was the first to graduate from college (one of the few to graduate high school) out of mine, I'm an alum, but my grandmother is a huge Tennessee fan, too. I grew up watching with her

hohenfelsvol and reVOLt like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think people are really going to want rid of him about 2 games into year 2.

20. Savage Orange

Misspelled year 1...