Who will be our Saban?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Good try though.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

oh my goodness, one quote directly responding to cotton's comments. Get a clue dude. Bottom line, the big games, Stoops is losing. If you want to count good teams from the Big XII that wouldn't cut it in the SEC as good, by all means do so. But truly big games, Stoops is losing far more than he's winning anymore. That's the bottom line. Who cares if he wins a conference championship with three good teams and one really good team? How's that going to help him beat Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, etc repeatedly?

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So we're back at an amorphous "big" category that can't in any way be quantified. It's telling that you're the only one in the thread who is both listening and has a clue.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

no, it's telling that you just keep floating stuff out there. I stated from the beginning no one would agree, but whoever threw out that piece of info on his record of games that were supposed to be close proved my point. But, hey man just to keep your erection for Stoopsy, continue to consider games against Mizzou and a very down Texas team as big games.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The problem is the definition of big games. It appears that you think any game he wins is unimportant, making him lose all of the important ones.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

because I don't consider Mizzou a big game? Awesome. Hey, congrats on that huge win over UCONN, that is a marquee win for the program. Whoo hoo. That embarassing loss to Florida a few years ago? No biggie? What, you got blown out by OK St? You might not even be the best team in your state anymore? Hey, don't worry, you beat the mighty Kansas State Wildcats, obviously the bigger game.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah, I think any game against a team in the top 5 is pretty big. I think games against power programs in your own conference are pretty big. I think conference championship games are pretty big.

I get it. You've formed an opinion about Stoops and you are sticking to it. I don't share that opinion. I don't think an objective look at the records supports it, but who knows what objective is. I do think that if Bob had lost to KSU, or top ranked Mizzou, you'd be calling them big.