Wilcox and Sirmon Take Washington Job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wouldn't that be tampering? In any event, I could buy this idea if the relationship was bad and it was pretty obvious that Wilcox would be gone very soon.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Wouldn't be tampering if they had asked for permission to talk to them. From what I've heard, Wilcox was looking to get back on the west coast and Sirmon is also a west coast guy. It will be interesting to hear Dooley's presser tomorrow. Who knows, maybe he will announce a new DC then.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Do you blame any recruit leaving right now? Heck, id almost encourage them to if one asked me just because of my conscience.

4. Oldvol75

From what I've read elsewhere, These kids have remained committed. I sure would hate to lose kids like Santos and Peters.

5. Oldvol75

Something I just though about! We only lost the DC that couldn't stop UK! I know, keep all thoughts to myself!

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It's to the point where I just laugh...

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

lol

8. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

UK didn't beat us on offense. It was our lack of O that beat us.

Don't try to spin this like it doesn't hurt. Wilcox and Sirmon were 2 of the 3 coaches left on staff that people were confident with.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

unreal, get a clue. That DC that just left held UK to a measly 217 yards of total offense and just 10 points, even though our offense could only manage to hold onto the ball for 24 minutes. No way you can pin that on the defense at all.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is there any reason at all to keep Dooley?

11. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

None at all.

12. Tar Volon

All depends on who else we can get right now.

13. Oldvol75

I guess I left off the sarcasm symbol! Just trying to lighten the mood on an other wise dismal day!

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

People on toos have the mindset that Dooley is done, but because Hart tied his hands by not signing the staff to multi years after a 5-7 season.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You mean the sunshine and rainbow pumpers are looking at reality now? Nah, can't be.

On a similar note, I normally try to stay fairly calm, but I would love to smack the taste out of UTVol02's mouth the very next time he posts that effing gif of the spastic Kermit the Frog....

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I heard, withno idea how relaiblethe source is, that Hart pretty much is not allowing raises to hang onto these guys. Not sure if it is true, but its not unlikely or surprising.

17. Tar Volon

Swain just said Randy Shannon. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If it isnt Lance Thompson, I'd bet on him leaving.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I thought it was a solid effort. Tough crowd today.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Haters gonna hate.