Will This Team Go Bowling?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lol vol, Oct 29, 2018.

1. lol vol

lol vol Member

Eight games into the season, I think we can all agree that this is a bad football team. The good news is bad teams go bowling every year. This team desperately needs the extra practice time a bowl game affords.

Four games remain on the season. I believe Charlotte and Vanderbilt have inferior talent and Tennessee should win both.

That would put UT at five wins, requiring a win over Kentucky or Missouri to advance to Shreveport, Birmingham or another shit bowl.

I do not like our chances against UK, unless Georgia injures both Benny Snell and Josh Allen.

Missouri should concern me with Drew Lock and his receivers, but their defense sucks and [ddiapos] is coaching. I like our chances.

But, what do you guys think, will this team go bowling?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes.

lol vol likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I do believe we will go bowling.

I said at the beginning of the year that if this team goes 5-7, then this staff will never win anything here. Butch Jones took us to 4-8 last year with pretty much the same team. If we cannot go 6-6, then this staff didn't do a great job getting them prepared.

Perhaps I will rationalize it (probably will) if we go 5-7, but my lucid rational reaction is wake me when we do another coaching search in 3-4 years. But by then, I will probably no longer be watching.

lol vol likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I said 7-5 preseason, and I'm going to step back and say 6-6, but we can win 3 of the next 4 if this team does not quit.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Bunch of homers in here.

Yes, 6-6.

warhammer likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No. Ky and Vandy better defenses, trenches, qb and running games.
    I dont see a single nfl player in our starting 22 right now, except Jennings potentially. Maybe TY but another concussion and he needs to stop imo. Dude has a history and takes a helmet to helmet Saturday. Refs killed us just as much as our horrid run defense and safety play.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Get out with that nonsense.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yes. Barely, but yes. I said before the season that 6 wins and a bowl game would be a fabulous year one outcome for Pruitt. We pissed one away Saturday but I still think we get there.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My heart says yes. My head says get back to me on November 25th.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We will beat Charlotte, I think we can beat Vandy. Not sure about Mizzou and UK. We will have to have much better effort on defense than we did Saturday night to beat either of them.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou is God awful

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Vandy QB is better than what we have. Ky qb as well, only due to his run threat that opens up more space for the 25 year old Snell, which is where we suck

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At home for both. Think we'll for certain get one of the two

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No.

lol vol likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Even if we get to 5-7 we could go bowling. We desperately need the extra practice time so I am really hoping we can get to a bowl. We should end up 6-6 at worse. imo

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Tennessee, by most reasonable standards would also then have to be considered god awful.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yes I still think this team goes bowling and I'm riding the 7 win train off the rails if need be.

IP likes this.