Will This Team Go Bowling?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lol vol, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

FBS Div 1 program in their 6th year of playing football whipped our OL's azz like a rented mule.

Easiest $500K (or whatever the going rate is for "cupcakes" these days) that 49ers will make this year.

Sigh...

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kentucky opens as a 4-point favorite. They have six offensive touchdowns in their last four games and haven't broken 20 points since September. Their defense is a lot better than ours, but Kentucky can be had. But I think we're going to have to get the upset here and then win a coinflip game against Vandy, because Missouri is looking less and less winnable.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you put much weight in Saturday being what we are. Its 4-8.

If you think we re more the team that played at AU and even SC for the most part. 5-7 with 2 games as toss ups to get the 6th.

Does anyone think Pruitt is preaching bowl game behind closed doors to this team or is he taking another page from Saban in, its about the next practice rep, film session or play in a game. In other words its about the long game.
    When Butch Jones was around it was about getting to a bowl (any) bowl and that seem to publically be the message.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Grantham is a mouth breathing idiot that got schooled by the comb over. I'll take Pruitt over Dooley all day every day.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Don't forget the attendance was down so far it made it impossible for UF to win that game as well.

warhammer likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did Hyams really go on radio in the midstate this morning and say fans wanted Pruitt fired?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good gravy, what in the world was the context?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mark Howard is a douche, asked Hyams about the fanbase and his response was "some want Pruitt fired, most want Helton fired"

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mark Howard takes Hyams as gospel too. That dumbass repeatedly defended Butch, then the day after he was fired started talking about how it was inevitable and everyone knew it was coming. He just sucks at anything that isn't Preds or Titans related.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know about Preds, but I don't think he knows that much about the Titans, either.

I was laughing out loud at my radio last Sunday when Bishop called him out live on air over some stupid shit he was saying about Mariota. He's around the organization enough to sound like he knows what he's talking about, but I don't think he does. He just fills dead air with words that people think a sportscaster should use.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Couldn't stand that [uck fay]er talking about Butch as if he was a legitimate coach.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What an idiotic answer to the question. There will always be fans that want the current coach fired, but it isn't as if there is some groundswell of people wanting to can him already.

Hyams is a dinosaur and needs to be put out of his (and our) misery.

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Snell might be a little banged up.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Dont listen to any of the mid state shows. Will occasionally tune in to Doug Matthews, but that's all.

chavisut likes this.
  16. Beechervol

Callers into his show.

Jimmy rides the wind which ever way its blowing.

17. Beechervol

He doesn't know much about anything in general. He likes to argue and make a scene with anybody that doesn't agree with him. Thats his contribution.

I used to think it was hilarious when he would argue with Wycheck about football stuff and poor ole Frank with his scrambled eggs still could talk him under the table in football.

18. Beechervol

"UT insider, Jimmy Hyams"

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tennessee vs Mizzou is the 3:30 cbs game. At first I was like wtf? Then I looked at the rest of the conference slate and realized it made sense.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I mean seriously look at this shit

Arkansas at Mississippi St.
    Citadel at Alabama
    Idaho at Florida
    Middle Tennessee at Kentucky
    Missouri at Tennessee
    UMass at Georgia
    Liberty at Auburn
    UAB at Texas A&M