Win out and get to ATL

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Nov 6, 2016.

1. juicemane

juicemane Member

We all know LSU will stomp the gators. If we win out we win the east, and that is the best we can hope for with butch.

I would love to have an elite coach as much as anyone, but in my lifetime UT has never been willing to pay for one. I don't know why that would change now. So barring a total meltdown, butch is the guy. And I am rooting like hell for the vols to get to ATL for the first time since 2007 and have a chance for a miracle.

2. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

DeBo's kids must have threatened him with a substandard rest home in GA. Only way I can explain his total aversion to "going to Atlanta".

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I want to believe. And I want to be in attendance for the first ever UT v Bama SEC championship game...

But I also just booked a trip to ny that weekend because I'm not scheduling my life around UT football.

4. juicemane

juicemane Member

I have stopped buying tickets. I can't bring myself to stop watching the games tho.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Today was the first game i didn't watch a single down of some the Kentucky loss.

6. juicemane

juicemane Member

I mostly watched the ark-fla game. I did think dormady looked good from what I saw

7. InVolNerable

I heard Sheriron got in. Much bigger news than Dormady.

8. juicemane

juicemane Member

You don't like dormady?

9. InVolNerable

I like him a lot. I don't think he does anything in this offense.

10. juicemane

juicemane Member

Debord is a joke but it's hard to call plays when your qb is throwing bounce passes on 10 yard routes. A good qb can make any offense look good. I'm excited to see if dormady can do it.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Win out and get to ATL. Drop one of the last few games, and maybe it's enough to get Butch fired.

I'd be okay with either scenario.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've been pushing for Dormady since last year, but I'm not sure what makes you think we will ever get to see if he can do it.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The only positive that could come from us making it to Atlanta is that it could convince another school that Botch is worth hiring.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Let UF go. Rather them get the socks beat off of em than us again.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for going to Atlanta, I just don't expect Butch to win out.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We'll win out, UF will lose to LSU and Bama hangs 60 on us in the championship game, on their way to another Natty, while Butch orders championship rings for winning the Liberty Bowl.

Book it

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dude, you sell Butch short.

He will parade our hardware for the year:

Battle of Bristol trophy
    SEC East championship rings
    Spray Tan Bowl championship trophy

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch would probably rather lose a close one to U.K. To avoid having to have his brains beat in by Bama.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'm 90%+ sure the best we can do is 1-1 ending the season.

20. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Good thing you said 90%+, there is another game in there.