Winding Down

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Since sign and place doesn't work anymore, I would say that they checked out his academics before inviting him up. Otherwise it was a totally wasted effort.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or it was just a gamble, which is okay too.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I am pretty sure 22 ACT and above a 2.0 GPA will get you into UT as an athlete. I could be wrong, though. It used to.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought we had a few lately with ACTs in the teens.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dooley came into the game tonight with a player. He had dreads. Anybody know who? My guess is patterson.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

can't imagine Q or Leggett have had time to sport dreads. Could it have been a '13 recruit? I'm trying to find ways to not get my hopes up.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea the 22 act will do it. It seems if you can qualify for the HOPE then you can get into UT as an athlete.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I think the problem will be with the final transcript. I read somewhere that Leggett had been to 4 high schools (?). UT admissions and the AA clearinghouse would have a mess on their hands figuring that out.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate the clearinghouse

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Based off TOS, I'm narrowing it down to Jalen Reeves-Maybin. He's a 2013 ATH from Clarksville:

IMG_7769_150_1_17.JPG

He's on an unofficial visit this weekend and TOS just did a piece on him spending time with the coaches yesterday

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I would cross Briscoe off that list. I would add R. Brown. and B. Brown. I am not saying there is info that say that they our coming to UT but they visited us and our listing us in their final decision. I have seen it before Hubbs et al say no way then a LOI is faxed in on Wednesday. It happens. Leggett and Shanks have a small chance as well. I do not think we need to take the 4 spots we have left. We would really like to fill two more and probably will fill at least 3.

JMO

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was a ways off, so I can't tell for sure but will go with this.

13. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

On Leggit...i think his grades are good enough for an athlete. It would look good for our class if we land him, but there is the chance he may never see the field.