Wisconsin Governor Recall

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I went back home to Wisconsin this past weekend and was quite surprised as to the number of campaign signs laid out for the recall election today. My own, unofficial, observation was that the pro-Walker sings outnumbered the recall Walker signs by about 2-1. I don't know how that will translate into voting today, but I tend to think Walker will win just based on what I saw (and the polling).

I don't think it will be much of a harbinger of the election to come, although I think it will be portrayed as such, at least for the next news cycle. Generally, sides who vote for someone beat those who are specifically voting against someone and Barrett is a poor candidate. Had the Democrats anyone of note to put forth, then they might stand a chance.

In any event, it has been interesting to see my home state inundated with outside interest and moneyed groups as well as news interest. It's been a weird ride for the whole deal.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Half my facebook friends are posting articles about how Walker singlehandedly saved the Wisconsin economy, and the other half about how he's the most evil man on earth and will ruin Wisconsin, the country, and the world. Figured something must be going on.

3. Unimane

No one talked about it amongst the circles I was in over the weekend. But, to be honest, my priorities were to get together with family and find time to get killer beef sticks from the local meat store. Seriously, they are good. Anyway, my aunt is big into the recall Walker effort, but she works in the schools and Walker has really gutted the education system.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Heard the Republicans have pumped 27 million dollars into the campaign from outside the state. The dems something like 10 million. That's a lot of dough on what will ultimately be nationally irrelevant.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Things don't look too good for Barrett right now.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Wisconsin hasn't got this much national attention since Laverne and Shirley. Or maybe Jeffrey Dahmer.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can't describe the amount of hate that I possess for the way people from Wisconsin pronounce Wisconsin. That nasally shit is worse than a thousand tiny razor cuts on your nut sack followed by a gallon of rubbing alcohol.

8. Unimane

Or the Packers.

But, not surprising tonight. The vote, essentially, became being for or against Walker and, when that happens, the "against" rarely win. You still need someone to cast your ballot for and Barrett was pretty weak as a candidate, not even the first choice of the unions that started this whole recall vote in motion.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Funny watching the libs on msnbc who were declaring a massive victory earlier today blame everything on the massive spending of the conservatives.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Theres only 88% of the vote in yet, pretty early to start excuses.

11. Unimane

Yeah, it's not like it's (a) what I said in the original post and (b) true.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rest assured, when a dem wins anything it is because of voter fraud, R candidate not being conservative enough, etc.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Assured? How many instances can you cite?

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Considering he's the first governor to survive a recall election, I'd say its the exact opposite.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

16. Unimane

Huh? Recall elections are rarely successful. And there's only been two other governors recalled. Mostly, it's state reps or mayors. Regardless, I could've told you months ago this same thing about the Walker recall. In fact, if Walker goes up against someone like Russ Feingold, no doubt he loses. Unfortunately, the Democrats trotted out the same shitty candidate they did two years ago. It was DOA.

17. Unimane

This type of cutesy bullshit may work on boards with people of IQs around Forrest Gump's, but it won't last here, conservative or liberal. Whatever side you're on, you better have something of value to say or you will get your ass handed to you.

Step up your game and leave the moronic GIFs for boards who are impressed with this crap.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cutting pensions is gutting the education system?

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was being sarcastic.